HALO 4 Game Nights and Whatever Else (Recruitment)

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Friday, April 25, 2014, 08:50 (3662 days ago)

I hope this topic doesn't get shot down, but I felt like the game night topic got over-flooded with other conversation.

If anyone is up for some HALO Reach or HALO 4 game time sometime this weekend, hit me up on Xbox Live. My gamertag is PackLeader89 and I can play on most evenings with some heads up.

Other people feel free to post their tags or availability.

HALO 4 Game Nights and Whatever Else

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, April 25, 2014, 10:25 (3662 days ago) @ PackLeader89

I hope this topic doesn't get shot down, but I felt like the game night topic got over-flooded with other conversation.

I wouldn't worry about anyone shooting it down. Sometimes it gels and something happens and sometimes not. (Tangential conversations are par for the course on a forum--if enough people had expressed an interest in playing last night, there would have been games.)

We regularly recruit people for games here. There's even a category called Recruitment. (This isn't just for organizing games--it's for asking for volunteers for any fan-related endeavor.)

FYI, Xenos usually hosts a community night on Thursdays. That's usually multiplayer Halo of some flavor but other games, too. (DBO isn't as Halo-centric as HBO, obviously, and we can't play Destiny yet.)

There's usually a community customs night on Fridays. Look for an announcement post from General Vagueness. This is usually custom maps and game types on some flavor of Halo.

Sporadically, like oddly colored M&Ms, co-op nights appear. I've usually hosted those on Wednesdays. The bungie.org commmunity has played through Reach, ODST, Halo 3, Spartan Ops, and Halo 4. I'm hoping for another season of co-op nights before Destiny arrives.

Schooly D and others have hosted game nights. These have often been one-offs. I hosted a Red Dead Redemption co-op night. ncsuDuncan hosted a Battlefield 4 night not too long ago.

You might have more success finding interest in Halo 4 on Halo.Bungie.Org. That said, Snipe and Revenant hosted a great bungie.org Halo 4 tournament a month or so ago, and we all had a good time.

My GT is Kermit7. Add me. I really like co-op, but I'd be happy to play some games with you. I'm usually on earlier than later. (At least we're in the same time zone.)

See you online,

Kermit

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Friday, April 25, 2014, 11:28 (3662 days ago) @ Kermit

Hi there,

Yeah, hopefully I didn't come across rudely in my last post. I was actually part of the tangential conversations in the other topic. Haha.

I appreciate the info on the game nights. I assumed there would be more Halo in other other forums but sometimes it gets hard keeping track of all the forums I am trying to find time for.

What you mentioned about recruiting for fan stuff is also pretty awesome. I have done a lot of blogging, writing, and posting (I even wrote a bit for TheFarmClub.net back in the day on sports). I look forward to being part of some of that in the future.

Ill add you later tonight or this weekend.

I missed a BF4 night?!

by tarehart, Seattle, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 16:56 (3661 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, April 25, 2014, 12:51 (3662 days ago) @ PackLeader89

Heh, we'd never shoot down a thread encouraging the cooperative shooting of alien scum. :^)

(Competitive shooting threads are welcome too.)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, April 25, 2014, 13:39 (3662 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

(Competitive shooting threads are welcome too.)

If you want to swing back over to Tennessee this weekend I'd be up for that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread