Urk answers questions on Neogaf (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 18:38 (3652 days ago)

Urk answered a few people's questions on Neogaf, and there are some pretty interesting tidbits in there.

Not the juiciest but probably my favorite:

Originally Posted by kittens

kittens Couldn't agree more. Urk's comments show that the studio is ready to talk about some of the big picture stuff and that's great, but until they show it, people are going to keep scratching their heads, wondering what the game is about. Why wait for the beta to show these things?

urk Who says we're gonna wait until Beta?

Urk answers questions on Neogaf

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 19:30 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

Originally Posted by broony

Hey urk. I read in one of the articles that raids contain puzzles that will require the whole raid party to solve.

Do you think they mean that you have to work out how best to attack an overwhelming force, or that there are literally puzzles to be worked out?

Yes.

You hear that, Kermit? Raid Night is the new Coop Night. Mark your calendar.

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 20:36 (3652 days ago) @ bluerunner

Hey urk. I read in one of the articles that raids contain puzzles that will require the whole raid party to solve.

Do you think they mean that you have to work out how best to attack an overwhelming force, or that there are literally puzzles to be worked out?

Yes.

Hmmm, He seems to be hinting at 6 man puzzles? Interesting.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 06:29 (3651 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yes.

Co-op may indeed be a different animal than what it's been before. I'm starting to realize the irony of my response to Cody the other day, when I evoked Pulp Fiction and suggested that instead of playing Destiny he would walk the Earth, meet people, get into adventures.

That actually is playing Destiny.

by broony, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 14:58 (3651 days ago) @ bluerunner

That got me excited too.

Oh look. It's me.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 02:24 (3651 days ago) @ Xenos

Thanks! The reassurance about seamless roaming (Patrol mode and all that) has pretty much assuaged my concerns about the linearity of the latest official trailer. I get the impression a lot of people are still dying to see a demonstration of the open world aspects of the game.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 08:44 (3651 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin
edited by Doooskey, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 09:10

Here is the specific question and the answer/quote from Urk. This too has been one of my big questions, seamless world for a Bungie shooter = the most awesome thing I have heard about Destiny.

Mix Asked:

That being said, say if you're on earth and you jump into lets say Moth yard, then can you traverse the entirety of the surrounding areas? Could you make it all the way up to King's Watch and beyond?

urk's Reply:

It's continuous and connected, yup. In fact, the opening of the Strike is also connected and accessible in the same way. Rooster Teeth reported in running into a random boss before entering the strike proper. That's a public event, and you could tackle it with a mixed group comprised of players in the strike, playing campaign, and on Patrols.

Once you head into the Strike proper, it becomes private automagically.

Oh man... this is awesome news. I was assuming this is how the world would be, but until it was stated, I was nervous.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 08:55 (3651 days ago) @ Doooskey

Oh man... this is awesome news. I was assuming this is how the world would be, but until it was stated, I was nervous.

Yeah, I am super excited about this :-D

I also like the idea that public events can be in pretty random areas (listening to the Roosterteeth video) as most MMOs tend to make them very obvious where one is, and there is ALWAYS one there for the most part. It sounds like they are going to move public events around regularly.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 09:28 (3651 days ago) @ Doooskey

Here is the specific question and the answer/quote from Urk. This too has been one of my big questions, seamless world for a Bungie shooter = the most awesome thing I have heard about Destiny.

Mix Asked:

That being said, say if you're on earth and you jump into lets say Moth yard, then can you traverse the entirety of the surrounding areas? Could you make it all the way up to King's Watch and beyond?

urk's Reply:

It's continuous and connected, yup. In fact, the opening of the Strike is also connected and accessible in the same way. Rooster Teeth reported in running into a random boss before entering the strike proper. That's a public event, and you could tackle it with a mixed group comprised of players in the strike, playing campaign, and on Patrols.

Once you head into the Strike proper, it becomes private automagically.

that sounds so awesome. If they pull this off, it will be so amazing.

Awesome.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 10:31 (3651 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

That's pretty much what was hoping for. Awesome.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, May 01, 2014, 12:02 (3651 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread