A new CoD challenger approaches (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, May 01, 2014, 23:47 (3651 days ago)

Well, looks like they gave their game that "Spartan" type feel. Looks like Halo and Destiny have an "upgraded" CoD challenger. I wonder how it will play, and if any sort of skill will be required. Pretty interesting trailer, I suppose.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-and-details-leaked

I get the feeling...

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, May 02, 2014, 04:50 (3650 days ago) @ Avateur

That 90% of it will be just be watching things play out, mashing a few buttons, in between highly choreographed, extremely linear 'special' sequences.

Like the exoskeleton sequences looks like it's just going to be walking down a bridge strewn with debris. And the wall-climbing sequence is just gonna be 'press x to start wallclimbing.'

Not raising my interest one bit.

Same for me.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 02, 2014, 07:17 (3650 days ago) @ RC

I was left thinking this would be a fun movie (especially with Kevin Spacey), but just a boring over-scripted game. I think the wall climbing was added in more for multiplayer to mimic Titanfall.

Toys for the sake of it

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, May 02, 2014, 08:47 (3650 days ago) @ bluerunner

Last time it was a dog for a couple missions. Show off something flashy, toss it away, move on.

Think of the multiplayer, though

by Avateur @, Friday, May 02, 2014, 12:06 (3650 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Yes, the campaign will most likely be nothing but scripted sequences that might not be that great. That doesn't mean that the multiplayer won't be a blast and very, very different. It could also suck. That's what I meant by I wonder if this will take more skill.

Think of the multiplayer, though

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, May 02, 2014, 14:30 (3650 days ago) @ Avateur

Titanfall is the only blast you need right now. :P

A new CoD challenger approaches

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, May 02, 2014, 09:40 (3650 days ago) @ Avateur

I am very impressed by the graphics and that we're getting very close to having a virtual Kevin Spacey that looks more real than Kevin Spacey himself.

It should be called "COD: House of Cards"

by GrimBrotherIII, Friday, May 02, 2014, 20:24 (3650 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 06, 2014, 23:15 (3646 days ago) @ Avateur

Well, looks like they gave their game that "Spartan" type feel. Looks like Halo and Destiny have an "upgraded" CoD challenger. I wonder how it will play, and if any sort of skill will be required. Pretty interesting trailer, I suppose.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-and-details-leaked

I would be pleasantly surprised if the game actually manages to intelligently and maturely explore the theme presented in this trailer. Maybe it can happen, who knows?

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 02:58 (3645 days ago) @ Cody Miller

As good as the writing team might be, they likely won't be given the time in game to have much nuance unfortunately.
Unless the designers can be very clever and somehow integrate the story and themes into the mechanics.

Bullied into Pre-ordering

by PackLeader89, Durham, NC, Friday, May 09, 2014, 11:30 (3643 days ago) @ Avateur

The guy at Gamestop caught me off guard...2 mins later I walked having pre-ordered COD:AW....I hate it when that happens. Sigh.

Bullied into Pre-ordering

by Avateur @, Friday, May 09, 2014, 14:29 (3643 days ago) @ PackLeader89

The guy at Gamestop caught me off guard...2 mins later I walked having pre-ordered COD:AW....I hate it when that happens. Sigh.

Hey, maybe you'll enjoy it. This is the first CoD game since MW2 to even catch my attention beyond its initial trailer. I'm interested to see where this game goes and if it will be fun/skillful to play multiplayer. Who knows, maybe they'll even have a fun and exciting story. Still not holding my breath on campaign gameplay though.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread