If there WERE 3 Character Slots (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 03:05 (3649 days ago)

I know we've talked about our guardians before, just thinking more about how I'd roll.

1. Female Exo Warlock - Less interested in human conflicts than they are in the Traveler's mysteries and the nature of their own existence.

2. Female Awoken Titan - Aloof tower of power, believes action speaks louder than words ever will, especially with her shotgun.

3. Male Human Hunter - Maybe his dad didn't read him to sleep at night an incredibly ancient story that ended up getting turned into a Disney animated feature, but he still understands the Law Of The Jungle.

What other DBO guardians will we run into while on patrol?

If there WERE 3 Character Slots

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:32 (3649 days ago) @ kidtsunami

1. Female Awoken Warlock. The Awoken just strike me as mystical.

2. Male Human Titan. Typical human, thinks he can solve all his problems by smashing them. He's correct, of course.

3. Female Exo Hunter. Emotionless assassin trope, etc.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 09:57 (3649 days ago) @ stabbim

2. Male Human Titan. Typical human, thinks he can solve all his problems by smashing them. He's correct, of course.

I LIKE THIS HUMAN. HE UNDERSTANDS OUR WAYS.

Grim III's III:

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 10:29 (3649 days ago) @ kidtsunami

1. Male Exo Titan - The Grim, Tireless, Noble, Ruthless, War-Forged Death-Machine Who enjoys fried Vex Fingers. A Door-kicking, Fallen Blood-Lusting, LMG-Wielding Expert of Skull-Caving with Glowy eyes wearing a necklace of Hive Teeth, who sharpens his knife on Cabal Femurs. Honorable Judge and Fatal Executioner. The one that got kicked out of Warhammer's Legion of the Damned because he was "Starting to freak out the other guys"... The stuff of alien nightmares.

2. Male Awoken Warlock - The Pensive, Mysterious, Mystical, Deadly, Gun-Blasting Spell-Caster. Think a young, beardless Gandalf who didn't get a lot of sun who prefers an Exotic Assault Rifle to a wooden staff. A lethal disciple of the Space Magic Jesus Ball with a over-developed Templar Complex. the kind of guy that Merlin hates seeing at the 20-Year Wizard reunion. Get ready for the Wingardium Leviosa from Hell.

3. Male Human Hunter - The Dependable, Resourceful, Adaptable, Combat-Prolific, Stylish, Terror-Killing Patriot of Earth. An eloquent, Bi-lingual Herald of ill news in the form of a well-placed bullet in the frontal lobe. A Vengeful Ranger with an affinity for Sci-Fi fashion with a mile-long mean-streak and an Itchy trigger-finger. If Old-West Outlaw John Marston and Spartan Petty Officer John 117 had a man child, that kid would get picked on by this Gun-Slinger.

Those are my III.

- III

Dear God..

by GrimBrother IV, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 11:25 (3649 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

If Old-West Outlaw John Marston and Spartan Petty Officer John 117 had a man child, that kid would get picked on by this Gun-Slinger.

I lost it.

Ditto.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 12:45 (3649 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

- No text -

:-)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:26 (3648 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 12:46 (3649 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm still debating ever since I heard about 3 character slots, but I'm actually pretty tempted to (at least on one platform) make a "fireteam" of Exos that work together behind the scenes and start a legend of the Vex Vexers.

Yeah

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 03, 2014, 13:45 (3649 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm not particularly swayed into anything yet, but I don't think I'll try all three "races"

Yeah

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 13:50 (3649 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm still wondering if there will be any differences between them in stats, abilities, etc.

Yeah

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Saturday, May 03, 2014, 19:50 (3649 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I'm still wondering if there will be any differences between them in stats, abilities, etc.

It has been said in the past that the races are purely cosmetic:

Joe Staten: Making it up front and quick and largely emotional, and nothing that's going to, later down the line, make you feel like you made the wrong choice. You're going to make this gut emotional choice: 'I'm going to look at that robot and I'm going to look at that more exotic space elf and I'm going to look at that human and I like... robot.' It's like, bam. I'm going to be a robot. And there's nothing about being a robot that's going to play any different from the other two.

We want to make it immediate and quick and gut, for sure when it comes to race, and then make sure we don't screw you down the line.

Chris Barrett: We didn't want to give a plus eight bonus or whatever it is, that people are going to be like, 'Oh, I made the wrong choice! I've got to start over.' That always sucks.

[Source]

Yeah

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:26 (3648 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm not particularly swayed into anything yet, but I don't think I'll try all three "races"

Cool, I think the reason why you wouldn't is as fun as the reason you would. Mind sharing?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread