Community Game Night May 8, 2014 (Recruitment)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 11:38 (3652 days ago)

I know this will be a limited audience again, but it's been awhile since I've been able to play Titanfall with a group of people, so who is in for Titanfall on XB1?

Details:
Date: Thursday, May 8, 2014
Time: 9:30PM EDT/6:30PM PDT

As usual message me or friend me at XenosKB.

See you there!

Community Game Night May 8, 2014

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:32 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm in! I'm hoping we can get a full team together and try some fun stuff, in addition to generally kicking butt.

- Everyone simultaneously using a Titan burn card at the beginning of the game (I have 8 saved up for the occasion)
- Attempting to win without using any Titans

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:34 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck
edited by Xenos, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:38

I'm in! I'm hoping we can get a full team together and try some fun stuff, in addition to generally kicking butt.

- Everyone simultaneously using a Titan burn card at the beginning of the game (I have 8 saved up for the occasion)

I've actually been using very few burn cards recently, so I have over 15 Titan burn cards :-D

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:35 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

I've actually been using very few burn cards recently, so I have over 15 Titan burn cards :-D

15! Holy crap. Best deck ever or best deck ever?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:36 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck

What are your favorites?

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:43 (3652 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

What are your favorites?

I've been saving my Titans, Fast Learners, and minimap cards for when I have a team, so I tend to just use up whatever else I have.

Double Agent is very, very handy on maps like Training Grounds. I tend to save the Grunt/Spectre XP boosts for when I drop in a Titan and can clean up. I've been getting a lot of amped weapon cards, although the amped anti-Titan weapon cards I usually discard. I had a half dozen infinite grenade cards but those didn't impress me too much because of the replenish time. I thought I could literally stand there and throw out infinite grenades constantly :P

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:48 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck

What are your favorites?

I've been saving my Titans, Fast Learners, and minimap cards for when I have a team, so I tend to just use up whatever else I have.

Double Agent is very, very handy on maps like Training Grounds. I tend to save the Grunt/Spectre XP boosts for when I drop in a Titan and can clean up. I've been getting a lot of amped weapon cards, although the amped anti-Titan weapon cards I usually discard. I had a half dozen infinite grenade cards but those didn't impress me too much because of the replenish time. I thought I could literally stand there and throw out infinite grenades constantly :P

I've wanted to like Double Agent. Maybe that's the map for it... those turrets are nasty business.

Use a grenade/satchel card with the Explosive Pack perk. Having that third slot and replenishing is nice.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 13:04 (3652 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I've wanted to like Double Agent. Maybe that's the map for it... those turrets are nasty business.

Use a grenade/satchel card with the Explosive Pack perk. Having that third slot and replenishing is nice.

Yeah, on most maps Double Agent can feel like a waste.

Since I have it handy (uploading a game video), here's the build I've been rolling with lately:

[image]

I had been going with Particle Wall with a Titan with a long range weapon, but this dude has been pretty universally useful. Electric Smoke has been awesome.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 13:21 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck

Since I have it handy (uploading a game video), here's the build I've been rolling with lately:

[image]

I had been going with Particle Wall with a Titan with a long range weapon, but this dude has been pretty universally useful. Electric Smoke has been awesome.

I love Smoke. Way easier for dealing with rodeoers (listen for them jumping on you) and it blocks weapons from locking on to you.

How do you like the Chaingun and Multi-target? I was messing with the Multi for the first time last night (Cluster Missile lover), and thought it would be a great match with the Chaingun. Haven't tried it yet. Auto-eject (I hate dying) and ordinance quick-loader round it out. My pilot runs with silenced Carbine, .45 Auto, Quick Reload, Minion, and either Frags or Satchels.

Don't stop moving, and get that Titan down! Haha.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 13:43 (3652 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

[image]

I love Smoke. Way easier for dealing with rodeoers (listen for them jumping on you) and it blocks weapons from locking on to you.

How do you like the Chaingun and Multi-target? I was messing with the Multi for the first time last night (Cluster Missile lover), and thought it would be a great match with the Chaingun. Haven't tried it yet. Auto-eject (I hate dying) and ordinance quick-loader round it out. My pilot runs with silenced Carbine, .45 Auto, Quick Reload, Minion, and either Frags or Satchels.

Don't stop moving, and get that Titan down! Haha.

The Chaingun is great for minions and players, while still being effective against Titans, so I'm thrilled with it. I've tried weapons like the railgun, but I've had a lot of trouble killing anything that isn't a Titan with them. I go out of my way to kill minions. Focusing on Attrition, I really have no reason to use anything other than the Chaingun.

Multi-target homes and doesn't have the lengthy lock-on that the other homing ordnance has. The only disadvantage is that it can't shoot anything that isn't a Titan--so those moments where I'd like to send some missiles through that window to take out a player, I can't.

Rodeoers?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 14:19 (3652 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Heh, I'm quite fond of backscratching, myself. Shoot a cluster missile at a wall and then rub your back against it. Downside is losing shields, though.

Rodeoers?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 08:21 (3651 days ago) @ ZackDark

Heh, I'm quite fond of backscratching, myself. Shoot a cluster missile at a wall and then rub your back against it. Downside is losing shields, though.

I need to give that a go, see how I like it. Three other favorites:

1) Kneel and look down and fake them out.

2) Kneel down before exiting, cause it's faster, then spin around for the boom headshot.

3) If doomage for sure, eject for an airborne surprise.

Rodeoers?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 08:34 (3651 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto
edited by Xenos, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 09:33

I really suck at killing other pilots when we both are launched into the air. I always feel like I'm just wildly looking around for the other pilot, and on his screen I'm right in his crosshairs.

Rodeoers?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 09:01 (3651 days ago) @ Xenos

I really suck at killing other pilots when we both are launched into the air. I always feel like I'm just wildly looking around for the other pilot, and on his screen I'm right in his crosshairs.

Yeah, it's a quick move for sure. I like to double jump to try and get above or on the same level with them. I run cloak too, and that helps a little bit since it's so crazy.

Or just guess at their landing zone and throw satchels. :P

by SonofMacPhisto @, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:34 (3652 days ago) @ petetheduck

- Everyone simultaneously using a Titan burn card at the beginning of the game

Mal and I have figured out a fun thing. I'll roll Atlas or Orge and draw fire and doom Titans. He'll go Stryder with the quickcharger for dashing, and scoot in for the termination.

It's pretty nasty. Lol.

Yes.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, May 09, 2014, 07:42 (3650 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Current favorite Titan build is:
- Stryder
.Quad Launcher (Rapid Fire)
.Electric Smoke
.Cluster Missle
.Big Punch
.Regen Booster

Phisto will distract them and I'll skate in firing off a stream of missles. Find a good spot to lay down that Cluster, dodge a bit of return fire if the situation calls for it, then dash in and finish him off with a Big Punch. Then rip out the pilot and smash him into a paste.

Works wonders in Last Titan and Pilot Hunter.

~m

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:57 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

I know this will be a limited audience again, but it's been awhile since I've been able to play Titanfall with a group of people, so who is in for Titanfall on XB1?

Details:
Date: Thursday, May 8, 2014
Time: 9:30PM EDT/6:30PM PDT

As usual message me or friend me at XenosKB.

See you there!

I might be in. I suck, though. What's a burn card?*

*I kid, but not by much.

I'll be there!

by Zero @, Florida, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 13:13 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 15:20 (3652 days ago) @ Xenos

Gonna try to be there. Had a blast last time, and I haven't really played any video games in a while.

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 16:48 (3651 days ago) @ Xenos

What does the roster look like for tonight? I think blueamcat from Twitter might try to make it. Just wondering if we need to form 2 teams..

Edit: or, hey, maybe we can do custom lobbies?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 08, 2014, 16:54 (3651 days ago) @ petetheduck

What does the roster look like for tonight? I think blueamcat from Twitter might try to make it. Just wondering if we need to form 2 teams..

Edit: or, hey, maybe we can do custom lobbies?

I think we have 6 counting blueamcat, 7 if InsaneDrive is able to come.

Vanguard Report

by petetheduck, Friday, May 09, 2014, 05:51 (3650 days ago) @ Xenos

All lives lost. The City has since classified Titanfall as a "Forbidden Zone,” open only to our most brave and experienced Guardians.

Sounds like its time...

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, May 09, 2014, 14:50 (3650 days ago) @ petetheduck

to go back to the Battlefield! ;)

Sounds like its time...

by Zero @, Florida, Friday, May 09, 2014, 15:38 (3650 days ago) @ breitzen

I like this idea. I don't think we've played together since Duncans Battlefield night moths ago.

Sounds like its time...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 09, 2014, 15:43 (3650 days ago) @ Zero

I like this idea. I don't think we've played together since Duncans Battlefield night months ago.

We definitely should. Dunno when, but we should.

Sounds like its time...

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, May 09, 2014, 16:20 (3650 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316), Friday, May 09, 2014, 17:02

Bad Company 2, yo.

I'll get the band back together!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread