Polygon: Play Destiny Like an MMO If You Want... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 19, 2014, 09:01 (3636 days ago)

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but Polygon also has a video about Destiny today, this one talking about Destiny's emergent multiplay gameplay mechanics.

Go watch!

Or play it as an RTS, if you're so inclined

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, May 19, 2014, 09:09 (3636 days ago) @ Xenos

Made this witty comment in the IRC, thought it was alright enough to be posted here as well.

Um....

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, May 19, 2014, 09:38 (3636 days ago) @ Xenos

It's the same video Sony released. Case of the Mondays? ;-P

Um....

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 19, 2014, 09:48 (3636 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

It's the same video Sony released. Case of the Mondays? ;-P

Yes very much so.

Also I haven't had a chance to watch this one as my work network blocks Polygon, makes it difficult. Just saw the title and assumed it was different than the Playstation video. I guess both companies used the same promotional video released by Bungie.

Um....

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, May 19, 2014, 09:54 (3636 days ago) @ Xenos

Heh, to be fair, I think both the title of the video and the title of Polygon article are a tad misleading. :)

Xenos: so fast he beats himself to the frontpage.

by GrimBrother IV, Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 14:34 (3634 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

- No text -

Polygon: Play Destiny Like an MMO If You Want...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 19, 2014, 11:58 (3635 days ago) @ Xenos

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but Polygon also has a video about Destiny today, this one talking about Destiny's emergent multiplay gameplay mechanics.

ROFL

Man, where is a delete button when you need it...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 19, 2014, 12:18 (3635 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 19, 2014, 12:19 (3635 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given your vast experience with Destiny's gameplay would you care to expand? :/

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 19, 2014, 12:22 (3635 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I could be wrong, but I think he was laughing at my typo

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 19, 2014, 12:24 (3635 days ago) @ Xenos

Could be, but with Cody I start at worst case scenario and work back from there. :)

That's a good method.

by Hyokin, New York, Monday, May 19, 2014, 17:06 (3635 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, May 20, 2014, 07:57 (3635 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The very nature of 'emergent' gameplay is that it wasn't designed and just kinda happened with the interaction of different pieces in a simulated world.

e.g. Warthog launching in Halo 1 is emergent gameplay.
The warthog launch game is not.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread