DBO Online Field Trip: Myth II Shenanigans (Recruitment)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, May 30, 2014, 21:24 (3645 days ago)

[image]

So, while we wait for news of the beta and E3, who feels like tossing dwarven bottle bombs at crowds of zombies?

You ever seen the way a Fetch bolt arcs through a crowd of claymore-wielding berzerkers?

I've seen a Trow kick a man clean in half.

It won't cost you a dime, you can download the Myth II 1.8 demo at Project Magma, register at Gate of Storms, and join one of the available multiplayer channels. Here's a rundown of the latest patch with some good examples of gameplay:
Myth II 1.8 Promo

And how about that. Tablet support. I had a good conversation with Evil Otto about that very thing a while back.

Anybody in?

~m

Aye

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, May 30, 2014, 23:31 (3645 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

DBO Online Field Trip: Myth II Shenanigans

by Fuertisimo, Saturday, May 31, 2014, 11:18 (3645 days ago) @ Malagate

I haven't played Myth in 15 years. The nostalgia will be overwhelming. I'm in.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 31, 2014, 16:31 (3644 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Just remember to hit the 'B' key when a dwarf approaches.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Sunday, June 01, 2014, 12:21 (3644 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

It's been quite a while for me, as well. Several years, easy. I ought to be on tonight. Do you have a preferred method for voice?

~m

by Fuertisimo, Sunday, June 01, 2014, 20:49 (3643 days ago) @ Malagate

You know, something funny happened as I was looking over the 1.8 patch video. I couldn't decide whether I actually wanted to play again or not. It was so long ago, and I was so young when I was playing it, I doubt that it could live up the memories I have of it. Sometimes its best to just let memories be memories, you know? It's the same reason I haven't played Marathon since my power-mac was decommissioned in favor of a PC back in the early aughts (I still doodle and fantasize about designs for maps though, haha).

I'm still tempted though, and just might do it but haven't pulled the trigger yet :).

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Sunday, June 01, 2014, 21:01 (3643 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

It was so long ago, and I was so young when I was playing it, I doubt that it could live up the memories I have of it. Sometimes its best to just let memories be memories, you know? It's the same reason I haven't played Marathon since my power-mac was decommissioned in favor of a PC back in the early aughts (I still doodle and fantasize about designs for maps though, haha).

I first played Marathon in 2010 via Aleph One. The control scheme does feel clunky in some respects these day, but I still thought it was a phenomenal shooter, and one of the best games I'd played in a long time. Although that trash compactor "puzzle" was pretty stupid. xD

This notion of not playing things because they might have aged seems silly to me. If it was any good at the time, at most you maybe need some acclimation to readjust to the older style.

I mean, I suppose it's entirely possible that I'm just an extreme edge case. I live in a world where people twice my age refer to films from the 1980's as ancient history, but a few of my favourite films were made in the 1920s.

I dunno.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread