Another Vex attack? (and some other thing) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 02, 2014, 11:00 (3621 days ago)

I. JUST. REPLACED. THE. CARPET. FROM. LAST. TIME. D:

Also... speaking of times that will no doubt ruin the carpet, according to the Twitch Blog, Twitch will be streaming something Destiny Tuesday June 10th at 2:00pm PST. That's 5:00pm for those in the EST. Everyone else can calc. time diff here.

Or you can try to get a Vex to tell you. Good luck with that.

Oh. Ok. So I'm the crazy one then? How 'bout more infos!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 02, 2014, 15:23 (3621 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, June 02, 2014, 15:39

Since I seem to be the only who sees the Vex (Not. Crazy!), then it is my obvious duty to try and push the Vex off the front page. All by my self.

Sounds about right.

Reddit - from Game Master July 2014 Destiny Cover Issue & PlayStation UK Magazine June 2014. No Scans. Summary bullet points. Reposted for easier reading and quoting because why not.

• Pete Parsons, when asked about the difference between new-gen and last-gen:

"Hopefully players will be pleasantly surprised by how appealing it is on [last generation hardware]. It’s the same game, that was hugely important to us. Part of some of the really big, ambitious technologies set up for this... all of this lives on one set of servers. There’s one world that we’re building, and that is extended out to multiple platforms."
  • Random Public events can appear on patrol or inside of strikes.
  • Gear can reduce the recharge time of melee abilities such as shoulder charges and throwing knives.
  • The Hunter has “an emphasis on high damage from short and medium range.”
  • “Certain pieces of armour come with stat boosts, such as +3 Will or +2 Control. These stack across all your gear, and can do things like lower the recharge time of your powers or boost critical-hit damage.”
  • Class equipment decisions “are mainly cosmetic.”
  • Heavy weapons include “launchers, rail guns, and HMGs.”
  • One Heavy weapon they liked is named “Red River Mk.24”
  • “When your team gathers pre-mission everyone’s [space]craft lines up together in a badass congregation, so it pays to have some sweet engines.”
  • The Hunter's Golden Gun Super fires three thermally charged shots at will, during a short timer, and does not require having a hand cannon equipped.
  • Teammates entering the protective bubble of the Titan's Ward of Dawn Super are given a temporary boost to their defence when they wander outside of it.
  • The Warlock's Radiance Super makes his weapons more powerful for a time and can also have the effect of resurrecting Guardians after a fight.
  • If all the members of a squad perish at once then progress gets reset.

----------

• Up on the D-pad is the wave emote.
  • “I’ve picked a bunch of awesome sounding Focus skills to play with, none better than a flaming throwing knife.”
  • Secret areas requiring you to launch your Sparrow off of hidden ramps to access them is confirmed.
  • Encrypted Engrams are crystals.
  • On deactivated Ghosts:
  • “...before we press on I find a deactivated Ghost drone in a sideroom. I press [square] to ‘Revive the Ghost’ and it powers up. 'What does this do?' I ask Pete. He’s surprised I managed to find the Ghost but admits he can’t explain what it – or any other ‘strange things’ I might find elsewhere – mean.”
  • Lars Bakken, Lead Designer, when asked about working on PlayStation: “We’re taking advantage of the cool things Sony’s doing with the [PS4] platform. The Share feature’s great – I love that thing. We’re also doing some cool lightbar stuff that’s extremely subtle. If you didn’t look for it you wouldn’t see it: when your health’s low it’s pulsing red, when your super’s ready it’s flashing yellow, when you go into Hive areas it’s pale green. A lot of people aren’t going to notice it but it makes the experience richer, and when the fans notice that stuff we love it.
  • When asked about completely and permanently changing or destroying environments after set world events:
  • “All those things are possible. Right now we’re just focusing on making sure the first game out of the gate has everything we want in it and is working awesome, and when we start talking about things that’ll happen in the future those kinds of ideas are great. We have those ideas, but we’re going to save that stuff for later.

Be Brave. (Admins - if you feel that this oversteps the "It's okay to discuss the information from such sources" rule then feel free to let the Vex win and delete this post. We'll get 'em next time in such case.)

Nice.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, June 02, 2014, 16:04 (3621 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 05:03 (3620 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Secret areas requiring you to launch your Sparrow off of hidden ramps to access them is confirmed

Shut up and take my money!

Cross platform play?

by ruwe_44, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 05:21 (3620 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Pete Parsons, when asked about the difference between new-gen and last-gen:

"Hopefully players will be pleasantly surprised by how appealing it is on [last generation hardware]. It’s the same game, that was hugely important to us. Part of some of the really big, ambitious technologies set up for this... all of this lives on one set of servers. There’s one world that we’re building, and that is extended out to multiple platforms."

So...does this mean cross platform play? (360 w/PS3 players and whatnot)

Cross platform play?

by BeingU, Thursday, June 05, 2014, 14:14 (3618 days ago) @ ruwe_44

My guess is that multiplayer will only be with people on the same platform, but that there will be aspects of the "world" simulation that are shared across all the platforms.

For instance, if there's anything like a global marketplace economy, or unique weapon rewards, or if an NPC race loses a control of a territory thanks to the combined efforts of the Guardians, there would be no differences between the platforms about what happens in the shared world.

Also, technically it might not be a problem to play the same character on different platforms (but thanks to business decisions I'm not sure that's possible).

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 06:32 (3620 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[*]Secret areas requiring you to launch your Sparrow off of hidden ramps to access them is confirmed.
[*]Encrypted Engrams are crystals.
[*]On deactivated Ghosts:
[*]“...before we press on I find a deactivated Ghost drone in a sideroom. I press [square] to ‘Revive the Ghost’ and it powers up. 'What does this do?' I ask Pete. He’s surprised I managed to find the Ghost but admits he can’t explain what it – or any other ‘strange things’ I might find elsewhere – mean.”

Loving these. I'm going to burn a lot of hours on patrol just exploring and looking for stuff like this.

[*]When asked about completely and permanently changing or destroying environments after set world events:
[*]“All those things are possible. Right now we’re just focusing on making sure the first game out of the gate has everything we want in it and is working awesome, and when we start talking about things that’ll happen in the future those kinds of ideas are great. We have those ideas, but we’re going to save that stuff for later.
[/list]

So I take it no DLC packs (or simply title updates) that alter the landscape in the more familiar areas for the first title, then. There are few better ways I can think of than to change the landscape to make the world feel more dynamic. If the mentality regarding weapon and power balances, among other things, is that the game will evolve over time; it really seems a no-brainer that the geometry itself will experience change over time as well. A comet being visible in the sky from all the outdoor areas would be one great indicator of an ongoing change in the world, but it would be better to go further than that.

~m

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 09:07 (3620 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[*]Lars Bakken, Lead Designer, when asked about working on PlayStation: “We’re taking advantage of the cool things Sony’s doing with the [PS4] platform. The Share feature’s great – I love that thing.

Please, please, please let this not be an ominous sign for us theater mode lovers.

The Share feature is cool, but it's no theater mode.

Kermit

Whew!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 10:37 (3620 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

FRONT PAGE! Yay! :D

For a moment there - I could have sworn I was talking to my self. Again. ;)

Some thoughts and stuffs:

[*]Random Public events can appear on patrol or inside of strikes.

Events in strikes.

[*]Gear can reduce the recharge time of melee abilities such as shoulder charges and throwing knives.
[*]“Certain pieces of armour come with stat boosts, such as +3 Will or +2 Control. These stack across all your gear, and can do things like lower the recharge time of your powers or boost critical-hit damage.”
[*]Class equipment decisions “are mainly cosmetic.”

I'm not sure I understand this fully.

[*]“When your team gathers pre-mission everyone’s [space]craft lines up together in a badass congregation, so it pays to have some sweet engines.”
[*]The Warlock's Radiance Super makes his weapons more powerful for a time and can also have the effect of resurrecting Guardians after a fight.
[*]If all the members of a squad perish at once then progress gets reset.

In what way? Are we talking checkpoints or Iron Skull?

----

Take note that this was just a summery - there is probably a few more bits of info from the mags not mentioned.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread