Is that Christopher Eccleston? (Destiny)

by car15, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 13:07 (3617 days ago)

Is the multiplayer announcer's voice actor Christopher Eccleston, aka the Ninth Doctor?!

Sounds like it to me...

Is that Christopher Eccleston?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 13:08 (3617 days ago) @ car15

Hmmm, sounds a little off to me.

Whoever it is, I'm enjoying it.

by car15, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 13:15 (3617 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Me too. It's a nice change of pace from the "ESPN voice" most FPS games use. I love Steitzer, but he started a trend that got old very quickly...

I could be wrong about it being Eccleston, but to my uncultured American ears, it sure sounds like him.

But I love Jeff Steitzer!

by RC ⌂, UK, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:23 (3616 days ago) @ car15

I just watched a little MP gameplay and I was thinking this new announcer guy sounded a little weak. Especially amongst all the guns and explosions and epic magix.

I wanted a little more: "BRAVO LOST!" "CHARLIE CAPTURED! GOOD JOB GUARDIANS!" Gets me pumped.

But I could totally dig customisable announcers and would definitely buy the STEITZERISE DLC voice pack.

Just sayin.'

But I dislike singular DLC.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:38 (3616 days ago) @ RC

But I could totally dig customisable announcers and would definitely buy the STEITZERISE DLC voice pack.

Just sayin.'

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Drill_Instructor_Voice_Pack

:/

O_O

ಠ_ಠ

But I love Jeff Steitzer!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 07:55 (3616 days ago) @ RC

I just watched a little MP gameplay and I was thinking this new announcer guy sounded a little weak. Especially amongst all the guns and explosions and epic magix.

I wanted a little more: "BRAVO LOST!" "CHARLIE CAPTURED! GOOD JOB GUARDIANS!" Gets me pumped.

I was surprised at how mad he got when Schooly was losing.

Sounds more like Terence Stamp

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 20:06 (3616 days ago) @ car15
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 20:11

a.k.a. the original General Zod, the Prophet of Truth, etc. etc.

Edit: Whoop, nevermind, thought we were talking about the trailer narrator.

Trailer narrator is Bill Nighy.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 08:02 (3616 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 01:52 (3615 days ago) @ car15

I'm now absolutely convinced, having watched enough PvP vids and listened carefully, that the Announcer is Idris Elba.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, June 12, 2014, 05:18 (3615 days ago) @ DaDerga

I thought Elba was already doing the FIFA 2015 announcement, which sounds entirely different than the commentator.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 05:58 (3615 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, but he's all over the damn television all the time doing Sky ads here and sounding less enthusiastic. I'm almost 100‰ certain it's him. Probably phoned it in, or no real studio flourish to the announcements yet.

Lennie James

by Decom @, Friday, June 13, 2014, 05:52 (3614 days ago) @ car15

At least, that's who I immediately thought of. Walking Dead interview with him (potential WD spoilers? I don't watch the show so IDK). IMDb.

More importantly the Hunter Vanguard is Nathan Fillion!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:06 (3614 days ago) @ car15

- No text -

Claudia Black at Special Orders

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:07 (3614 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

While we're speaking about actors...

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 13, 2014, 08:48 (3614 days ago) @ car15

I was watching a buddy's twitch stream, when he activated one of the green glowy sticks scattered about the world. The person that proceeded to speak and give mission details sounded a heck of a lot like Gina Torres, aka Zoey from Firefly.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:29 (3614 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I was watching a buddy's twitch stream, when he activated one of the green glowy sticks scattered about the world. The person that proceeded to speak and give mission details sounded a heck of a lot like Gina Torres, aka Zoey from Firefly.

Yup, she's the Warlock Vanguard mentor.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, June 13, 2014, 09:39 (3614 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Yup, she's the Warlock Vanguard mentor.

Sweet!!!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread