LIVE DESTINY STREAM (Destiny)

by ridum, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 14:33 (3617 days ago)

- No text -

LIVE DESTINY STREAM (alpha)

by ridum, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 14:34 (3617 days ago) @ ridum

That Devil Walker. Wow.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 15:34 (3617 days ago) @ ridum

3:34:49 in (still live at post) - There are alot of damage sponges that can give it right back. My goodness.

SEP-PRIME is here. Live at post.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 15:38 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Done.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 15:43 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

PEW!PEW!

Fear my laser face!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 15:49 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Grabbed a Tower Map.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 15:51 (3617 days ago) @ ridum

[image]

Welcome.

Grabbed a Tower Map.

by Fuertisimo, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 16:26 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Where's Osirus and Seven Seraphs?

Alpha...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 16:32 (3617 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

- No text -

Alpha...

by Fuertisimo, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:26 (3617 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

That's ok, Dead Orbit and Future War Cult are the cool factions anyhow.

Lovely Work

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 16:45 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Have you guys noticed all the weapons are white?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:02 (3617 days ago) @ ridum

I'm guessing the alpha doesn't include weapon customization yet? Or are people just ignoring it?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:13 (3617 days ago) @ Xenos

A) Customization in the Alpha is, indeed, very limited.
B) The weapons are not all actually white. These are some of my Hunter's weapons:

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

As you can see, most are actually in darker color schemes. Most of the color enhancements for gear unlocks around Level 20, near as I can tell.

Awesome, thanks!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:15 (3617 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Yeah this is mostly from videos from IGN and Polygon.

Apparently can't rename them either eh?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:34 (3617 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Cyris-C? Trax Callum II-A?

Ugh.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:39 (3617 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I thought they were supposed to have weird names with a story behind them. What happened with the names they showed us?

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 17:45 (3617 days ago) @ bluerunner

I think those were mostly for the exotic weapons.

by General Battuta, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 18:23 (3617 days ago) @ bluerunner

Oh the stories I could tell.

Names get more elaborate and flavorful as gear quality increases.

by Quirel, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 21:07 (3617 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

[image]
That's an... interesting drum.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 11:45 (3616 days ago) @ Quirel

[image]

The belt probably wraps between the two cogs. That would give it a flatter profile and the weapon a lower profile when firing from prone. Which doesn't matter since we can't go prone. Real answer: it looks cool.

Random question: can we sit during PvP? Can we fire our weapons while sitting? I know we would probably be sitting ducks, but I just became curious to know if we can.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 12:19 (3616 days ago) @ bluerunner

Random question: can we sit during PvP? Can we fire our weapons while sitting? I know we would probably be sitting ducks, but I just became curious to know if we can.

You can absolutely sit during PvP, I witnessed in Halcylon's stream that while they were capturing a point one of his teammates sat down right next to the flag. I can't say for sure, but I am 99% you can't fire while sitting as the gun lowers, and I haven't witnessed anyone doing it.

Emotes all go into 3rd person

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 12:36 (3616 days ago) @ Xenos

I saw Beorn dance during a match once.

Yeah probably should've mentioned that too.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 12:41 (3616 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Stand up, Sit down

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 01:02 (3615 days ago) @ Xenos

You can absolutely sit during PvP, I witnessed in Halcylon's stream that while they were capturing a point one of his teammates sat down right next to the flag. I can't say for sure, but I am 99% you can't fire while sitting as the gun lowers, and I haven't witnessed anyone doing it.

Yup, all emotes work in the Crucible. Can't say it's always a good idea, though… While sitting, any action (other than hitting down on the D-pad) causes you to immediately stand up and pop into first-person view. Hitting down on the D-pad (normally "sit") while sitting causes you to do a nice stand-up animation, whereby you are returned to your first-person POV.

by Quirel, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 00:34 (3615 days ago) @ bluerunner

[image]

The belt probably wraps between the two cogs. That would give it a flatter profile and the weapon a lower profile when firing from prone. Which doesn't matter since we can't go prone. Real answer: it looks cool.

That's what I thought. It's mostly interesting because I've never seen anything like it.

Even though it's not really the same...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 05:52 (3615 days ago) @ Quirel

...reminds me of the double drum magazines like the guy uses in Skyfall:
[image]

Even though it's not really the same...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 06:02 (3615 days ago) @ Xenos

Sometimes you just gotta ignore practicality.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-2421

well...

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 19:44 (3617 days ago) @ ridum

I've been watching for about 10 minutes now and it's just been people pecking away at walking tank, then a floating tank. Pretty boring. What happened to the 30 seconds of fun approach?

I'm trying to get excited about this game but it's not happening. Add on top of that, all the butt rubbing between Sony and Bungie. I get it, they've been kept apart for so long but come on...I'm kind of getting tired of being put aside for so long.

Anyone?

well...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 22:53 (3617 days ago) @ ManKitten

What happened to the 30 seconds of fun approach?

...Yeah.

The gameplay I've seen hasn't emphasized much in the way of interesting high-level flow. There simply doesn't appear to be a very strong combat cycle.

Also, while the world seems like it might have some degree of character, I haven't seen the same in the enemies. Where's the delicious feedback?

Hopefully it feels a lot more interesting when I get to play it.

well...

by ridum, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 05:32 (3616 days ago) @ ManKitten

I'm gonna wait till I play it.

Yeah, it looked a little LONG and boring on that but I'm thinking the genre itself (FPS) might just be getting old….

(not me of course)

Seems like ALOT of time is gonna be NOT SHOOTING/FLYING/DRIVING but DRESSING UP.

I dunno…

well...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 04:34 (3615 days ago) @ ridum

Seems like ALOT of time is gonna be NOT SHOOTING/FLYING/DRIVING but DRESSING UP.

I dunno…

Not as much as you think. I spend just enough time in the Tower to swap gear, grab new missions, etc., then I'm back out exploring the world. It's really easy to get into the action and start shooting things.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread