Guaranteed Alpha Access If You Have a PS4! (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:49 (3612 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:53

DeeJ confirmed to Guardians of Destiny that if you have a PS4 and sign up at http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/destiny.html by midnight PDT tonight, you WILL get into the Alpha!

Source

So, who will be playing this weekend? I'll be in!

*S I G H*!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:52 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:55

[image]

Just like old times. Swell.

Yeah... *NM*

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:57 (3612 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

But then again, I say that and then realize that these people paid more money than I did by buying their PS4s while I stick to (am stuck on) my 360. Is the Destiny Alpha worth $100 a day to me? Nope!

Sucks for the Xbone people though! Higher price AND no Destiny! Haha! :p

Yeah... *NM*

by yakaman, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 20:53 (3612 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But then again, I say that and then realize that these people paid more money than I did by buying their PS4s while I stick to (am stuck on) my 360. Is the Destiny Alpha worth $100 a day to me? Nope!

Sucks for the Xbone people though! Higher price AND no Destiny! Haha! :p

Our day will come...right? The only thing keeping from me throwing a full-on hissy fit is Narcogen's point regarding Microsoft, Halo, and potential conflict of interest in regards to promoting Destiny. I understand this is business, but from a community point of view, nobody wins. It creates divisions where there were none before.

Dragon Age Inquisition announced timed exclusive DLC for Xbox users. I hate that...did they really need to do that? It's effect was jarring and more than a little demoralizing. Where conversations on BSN have been very positive and excited there popped up threads about being second class citizens. It made me feel terrible. Out of one community, a division.

An arbitrary division.

I can barely do anything about it, but there is a tiny thing I can: I'm not going to buy any of the DLC until it becomes available for PS users. From now on, for any game I own that does this stupid shit. If the DLC never becomes available for PS users, then I will never buy it.

Do you hear me you stupid fuckers? I care more about the communities that I am a part of than I do your stupid fucking branding wars.

Queue Optimus: Until all are one

My pitiful, impotent rage. They'll laugh until they cry, and then wipe their tears with $100 bills. ;-)

hmmmm....

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:56 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

DeeJ confirmed to Guardians of Destiny that if you have a PS4 and sign up at http://playstation.greatnessawaits.com/destiny.html by midnight PDT tonight, you WILL get into the Alpha!

Source

So, who will be playing this weekend? I'll be in!

I wonder if I can get the PSN ID for one of the PS4's at my graduate school so I can sneak in and play some...

Ehhh, I can wait a month till I sneak in for the beta to play some ;).

Thank goodness!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 18:59 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by SigbiasSilva, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 19:34

I was so desperate and jumping on every tweeted alpha code - of course to no success. Not the most productive evening...

I'll be on there! :D

edit: oh no I won't have a mic until Friday D:

PSN ID: SigbiasSilva

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 07:51 (3612 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

Guaranteed Alpha Access If You Have a PS4!

by petetheduck, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 19:03 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

I've already vicariously experienced pretty much the entire Alpha through livestreams.

Welp...just bought a PS4

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 20:15 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

Xbox and Halo. PS4 and Destiny. Getting some real deja vu here. I think Bungie is the only reason I've bought a new console for the past fifteen years. No regrets.

Traxus12 on PSN, hit me up

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 21:44 (3612 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

I'm in!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 22:02 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

I'll be on, especially Friday night into the wee hours of Saturday morning. New PSN ID: Guardian513

Talk about feeling shafted.

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 22:40 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm not in a monetary position to own either new console, and I still haven't decided which one I want, and I'm almost guaranteed to not be playing Destiny day one, but I kept telling myself, "Hey, at least there's the beta! Everyone can play the beta! What does it matter if those Playstation people get a few extra days?"

Yeah.

A few extra days.

Uh huh.

This is kinda like being told everyone gets cake while a few people get cake and a cupcake, and then finding out those people are getting pie, a cupcake, and cake, while I just get cake.

Shafted. Gypped. Blown off. Second-class citizen.

I think it's the lopsided console representation combined with the fact I know I won't be playing it day one that's been rapidly cooling my impressions and reception of new content.

I feel marginally better now that I've vented.

To be fair...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 22:42 (3612 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

The beta is literally a month and some change away. Not the worst thing in the world.

To be fair...

by Phoenix_9286 @, Wednesday, June 11, 2014, 23:55 (3612 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

It isn't, and I'd never say it was. The situation just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

With any luck though that'll vanish when I build my hunter and dive in for the first time. I'm anticipating that bringing on the hype. Right now I'm just expecting good things. I've ignored all the new media sans the two trailers (zero interest in streams or pvp right now). In fact, for me, this has been a really yawn inducing E3. Most of what I've seen pass by in headlines I don't care about, and the things I'm interested in have nothing to show but a trailer, or aren't much changed from a year ago.

This could also be a byproduct of not having anything next gen.

To be fair...

by EffortlessFury @, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 06:10 (3612 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Also...this alpha only lasts 4 days. So it sucks, but not THAT much.

You should probably prepare for a decade of it

by petetheduck, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 06:30 (3612 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I'm getting the impression that this Sony favoritism is going to span the duration of Destiny and isn't limited to this first release.

I won't go into it, but I've also been made unhappy by Bungie switching sides, but my ire is mostly about exclusive content. Weapons, armor, a strike, and a multiplayer map? That is excessive. I only hope that, like the Gamestop Sparrow preorder bonus, these are actually timed exclusives and will be available on Xbox consoles at some point as well.

I understand that Bungie can't say a single nice thing about Xbox because of what ever contract they've signed, but I hope they actually secretly still like us and would do something like that--make sure all of Destiny is on all platforms.

The Alpha access to all of PS4 is what it is--this is an Alpha, Bungie needs the data to make the game better, so I hope they get that. Expecting an Alpha on all 4 platforms isn't really reasonable, I think.

Yea...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 07:54 (3612 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm getting the impression that this Sony favoritism is going to span the duration of Destiny and isn't limited to this first release.

I won't go into it, but I've also been made unhappy by Bungie switching sides, but my ire is mostly about exclusive content. Weapons, armor, a strike, and a multiplayer map? That is excessive. I only hope that, like the Gamestop Sparrow preorder bonus, these are actually timed exclusives and will be available on Xbox consoles at some point as well.

I understand that Bungie can't say a single nice thing about Xbox because of what ever contract they've signed, but I hope they actually secretly still like us and would do something like that--make sure all of Destiny is on all platforms.

The Alpha access to all of PS4 is what it is--this is an Alpha, Bungie needs the data to make the game better, so I hope they get that. Expecting an Alpha on all 4 platforms isn't really reasonable, I think.

I too have gathered the same impression. While the "switch" aspect is not exactly unexpected, the practically utter silence has. With Bungie going with more then one console for the first time (ever?) I had figured they would have used this chance to be more open. Yet, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the causal viewer thought Destiny was a PS4 only game. That's what gets me. It's like their "coup d'état" was nothing more but a big joke, a tyrant replaced with a bit nicer one.

I'm a fan of Bungie in part due to its Humanity among being a business. The answer is likely money, but part of me wonders why they said yes.

As for the Alpha - yea its only four days. Yea - I'll be playing the beta in about a month. Its just unfortunate that I have to sit here hungry for a chance while I watch others eat because I don't currently have the cash to do so. Just another day.

When are the codes supposed to be sent out?

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 09:59 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

I registered the moment I heard about it, but I haven't gotten anything in my email yet.

Nevermind. It just showed up in my inbox.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 13:15 (3612 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

- No text -

Oh, and my PSN ID is ShadowOfTheVoid_

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 14:09 (3612 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

- No text -

Haven't seen mine yet... :(

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 17:22 (3611 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

- No text -

by Numinar @, Friday, June 13, 2014, 01:58 (3611 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Have all of these gone out?

Both my coworkers got theirs, we all registered around the same time. I am mega-sads!

I blame hotmail, MS is punishing me for going traitor.

Anyone had luck correcting this predicament? Does support help with this?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:35 (3611 days ago) @ Numinar

Do you still need one? I have an extra since I got one from the post DeeJ made yesterday.

by Numinar @, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:36 (3611 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, would love it if you still have it! Save me from a weekend of BFH!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 13, 2014, 06:39 (3611 days ago) @ Numinar

Yeah, would love it if you still have it! Save me from a weekend of BFH!

Cool, want to add your e-mail to your DBO account and I'll e-mail it to you? Don't want the unfortunate to happen and someone else sweeps in and grabs it :)

by Numinar @, Friday, June 13, 2014, 07:04 (3611 days ago) @ Xenos

Ok, done, cheers!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread