PS Exclusives Are Timed Only (Destiny)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:08 (3612 days ago)

[image]
Courtesy of AllegroCoffee over on reddit. Its a little hard to see but under the info box it says that the PSN's exclusive content is Timed Exclusive — the fine print.

Link so I may read such myself, please.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:09 (3612 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:14 (3612 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

By your command.

here

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:15 (3612 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Under the bottom left corner of the gray text box.
http://i.imgur.com/qf2bVKg.jpg

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:19 (3612 days ago) @ bluerunner

Under the bottom left corner of the gray text box.
http://i.imgur.com/qf2bVKg.jpg

Yes I see it, but as a jaded internet user I like to see things on the home site.

Thanks all. :)

Good news!

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:11 (3612 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Indeed

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:15 (3612 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

PS Exclusives Are Timed Only

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:42 (3612 days ago) @ DaDerga

I hope this cuts down on the venting. I'm tired of feeling like somebody's grandpa, fighting off the urge to say that back in the day when I was just wee little Mac-using fella, Bungie cut us off completely! We were left out in the cold, and I had to walk to the Kmart in the snow uphill both ways to buy a console I didn't want, and did you hear us complaining? No!* We loved Bungie! We bought our Xboxes and we liked it!

Pass me the geritol, kid.

*in truth the complaining was pretty loud, but the disappointment was justified.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 10:53 (3612 days ago) @ Kermit

I hope this cuts down on the venting. I'm tired of feeling like somebody's grandpa,

Oh, me too. No spring chicken here. ;)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:11 (3612 days ago) @ Kermit

Hehe.

I think the biggest disappointment in all of this is how little we got told in advance. For months and months Bungie has been playing up the beta. Be sure to preorder. Try to grab these partial codes from twitter. Don't worry, we've got a great system in place that means your code works for any of our supported platforms. Destiny will run great on any platform... etc.

Then blam. Alpha. On one platform. With no warning.

Yeah, this isn't an end of the world moment, but it is a bit annoying. Fortunately it will be over soon and we'll get to see how big a disadvantage exclusive deals put the Xbox owners during the beta.

Time Will Tell

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:18 (3612 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

by petetheduck, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:32 (3612 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think the biggest disappointment in all of this is how little we got told in advance. For months and months Bungie has been playing up the beta. Be sure to preorder. Try to grab these partial codes from twitter. Don't worry, we've got a great system in place that means your code works for any of our supported platforms. Destiny will run great on any platform... etc.

I suspect this wasn't the original plan, but an opportunity that Bungie had that was mutually beneficial for both them and Playstation 4 owners.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:41 (3612 days ago) @ petetheduck

I suspect this wasn't the original plan, but an opportunity that Bungie had that was mutually beneficial for both them and Playstation 4 owners.

I think you're right.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 12:49 (3612 days ago) @ petetheduck

Yeah, I think in terms of marketing hype and getting certain camps to better "understand" the game, the alpha was a later and effective decision.

To add to what pete said.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:38 (3612 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I have actually been thinking them releasing the alpha for all PS4 players was not planned. I think it may have been in response to leaked alpha footage that made the game look somewhat boring (which to me mostly looks like a boring player more than boring content).

Pure spectulation, but it would make sense to me.

it's more data, which at this stage is good.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:42 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

it's more data, which at this stage is good.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, June 13, 2014, 05:44 (3611 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah, just roll with it you know?

The finished product is the thing (well, finished enough anyway... I'm sure we'll see plenty of things post-launch).

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 11:50 (3612 days ago) @ Xenos

I have actually been thinking them releasing the alpha for all PS4 players was not planned. I think it may have been in response to leaked alpha footage that made the game look somewhat boring (which to me mostly looks like a boring player more than boring content).

You could be onto something there, I could see that being the case. A case of opportunity knocks.

by Fuertisimo, Thursday, June 12, 2014, 16:16 (3611 days ago) @ Xenos

It seems really unlikely to me that they'd suddenly decide to do a public Alpha at the drop of a hat, or that it would even be feasible to do so.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread