Inline videos on the front page?!? This IS a new site!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:16 (4090 days ago)

I almost died of shock.

Heh. Oddly, I didn't notice…

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:17 (4090 days ago) @ Xenos

Must have been too excited to see more Destiny.

by HawaiianPig, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 21:19 (4090 days ago) @ Xenos

Front Page stuff

Speaking of, am I the only one annoyed by the persistent header on the FP? It takes up a lot of screen real estate and, being on a laptop, this makes reading news difficult.

It feels like html frames circa 1990s -- there's a time and place for non-scrolling web features, and this ain't one of em imo.

by Sidola, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 01:47 (4090 days ago) @ HawaiianPig
edited by Sidola, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 02:08

Front Page stuff

Speaking of, am I the only one annoyed by the persistent header on the FP? It takes up a lot of screen real estate and, being on a laptop, this makes reading news difficult.

It feels like html frames circa 1990s -- there's a time and place for non-scrolling web features, and this ain't one of em imo.

Aaah, it's a sticky header, I thought all the news was being loadead in an iframe or something. And yes, please kill it if possible, it takes up a huge chunk of space.

Edit: Or merge the search and RSS into the same place as the nav, that would probably be sufficient.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 05:24 (4090 days ago) @ HawaiianPig

Front Page stuff

Heh - we've had that discussion, in fact. We haven't come up with an alternative we like yet. :)

But don't worry - there will be options that should make you happy, in the not-too-distant future.

Obligatory front page joke.

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 22:00 (4090 days ago) @ Xenos

Claude and the rest of the DBO coding team have been doing wonderful stuff.

(That video was causing an issue in IE when it was first posted; I was impressed with how quickly they tackled the issue. Should be fixed now!)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread