Destiny Console Spreadsheet [Re-visited] (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 14:12 (3606 days ago)

Back in October, Schooly D posted a Google Spreadsheet with an open invitation to put down what console(s) you are picking up Destiny on.

Now that the Alpha is on, Beta is nearing, and release is at the other side of the incoming Summer season, maybe it is time to update this spreadsheet if things have changed since then.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0As2JheUlkO_jdHhSeThRY0VpN0tRbXBkVGVBYzBvN3c#gid=0

Destiny Console Spreadsheet [Re-visited]

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, June 14, 2014, 14:36 (3606 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

You guys are terrible with spreadsheets...

Prettied it up a bit. :D

But now how are people supposed to add rows between names?

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Saturday, June 14, 2014, 15:01 (3606 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

by tarehart, Seattle, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:07 (3605 days ago) @ ZackDark

I modified the summation formulas to capture more rows. Formerly they stopped at row 65 which was omitting the last few.

Modified a bit

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 14:12 (3605 days ago) @ tarehart

Added automatic colors to cells.

When the text is "X", it paints itself green. When "?", yellow.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 12:49 (3605 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I was leaning more and more to get a PS4. I was so close to going in and pre-ordering that white Ps4 Bundle. I'm getting an XBOX One. I want a Ps4. Why am I not getting a Ps4?

...because for my hands the Dualshock 4 sucks as much as the first, but now has a light function that can't be turned off. Bleh. Touch screen is pretty cool though. Liked the Ps4 UI too. Oh well... guess that means I can play Halo 2 for multiplayer and Destiny for single player now.

Pitty we won't be getting any special edition Xbox One Destiny Bundle. :/

The Spreadsheet has been updated to specify such.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:17 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

but now has a light function that can't be turned off.

See, that's one feature of the DS4 I actually really like -- and believe me, that surprised me. It provides a bit of additional visual feedback that's kind of nice. Different strokes, I guess. :)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:21 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

but now has a light function that can't be turned off.

See, that's one feature of the DS4 I actually really like -- and believe me, that surprised me. It provides a bit of additional visual feedback that's kind of nice. Different strokes, I guess. :)

Peripheral vision that is very sensitive to motion = distraction. If it was from my tv (or even the back of the Ps4) that would be cool, light under my nose less so. Location Location Location.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:37 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ah, well, that makes sense. I hardly notice it, but when I do, I like the extra atmosphere it lends.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, June 16, 2014, 14:27 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I was leaning more and more to get a PS4. I was so close to going in and pre-ordering that white Ps4 Bundle. I'm getting an XBOX One. I want a Ps4. Why am I not getting a Ps4?

...because for my hands the Dualshock 4 sucks as much as the first, but now has a light function that can't be turned off.

The light bugged me too, so I bought one of the lightbar decals, which you can get here.

I hate that we're so divided :(

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 13:05 (3605 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

No cross-platform play is gonna suck.

I second this motion profusely.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 14:01 (3605 days ago) @ RC

We are going to need little icons by our names or profiles so we know who can invite who. How are we going to make this work? :/

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:31 (3605 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

We are going to need little icons by our names or profiles so we know who can invite who. How are we going to make this work? :/

Perhaps different flavored recruitment categories.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:03 (3605 days ago) @ Kermit

Perhaps different flavored recruitment categories.

Pickles for XO

Horseradish for the Ps4

I feel sorry for those who got both. :P

I hate that we're so divided :(

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:38 (3605 days ago) @ RC

As will the install on the 360! The alpha was 7 gigs; that's a DVD to itself. You're going to get like, 10 DVDs in the package and have to install them all to the HD, or else disc swap when you change planets.

I feel really bad for those who picked 360.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:04 (3605 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

This should really contain columns for both Xbox LIVE and PSN+ gamertags.

Just a thought. ;)

Dude, like, respect our privacy, man

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:14 (3605 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Terribly good idea. If no one has done that yet, I'll add them

"Improvement" suggestion

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 06:42 (3603 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Do you guys want me to separate "?" from "X" in the cell? I think I might be able to make that count cell display as "X=22/?=3" (for example)

EDIT: I'm sure I can. Check the "Copy of Sheet1" tab

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread