Destiny PS4 Bundle: Y/N/M? (Destiny)

by Dan de Board @, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:23 (3605 days ago)

Since I don't already own a PS4, I was considering getting the Destiny PS4 bundle. Other than getting a stylin' console, the game of the year and Playstation+ for a month, are there any other benefits to getting it? Or would it be better to get a PS4 sooner rather than later so I don't have to worry about any hiccups on release night?

Destiny PS4 Bundle: Y/N/M?

by HavokBlue, California, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:13 (3605 days ago) @ Dan de Board

It wouldn't surprise me if it included an exclusive emblem or class cosmetic item or something.

That said, I was planning on holding out for it until I saw it's just a white PS4. I was hoping for one of those neat designs like they did for Halo.

Depends how much 'setup time' bothers you

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:30 (3605 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Unpack it, plug it in, sign in/create profile, go through set up, adjust settings, play Destiny.

vs.

Play Destiny.

Up to you.

by HavokBlue, California, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:35 (3605 days ago) @ RC

It should be mentioned that "set up" includes downloading any system updates that aren't pre-installed which could take around an hour, give or take, depending on your connection.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:44 (3605 days ago) @ HavokBlue

It should be mentioned that "set up" includes downloading any system updates that aren't pre-installed which could take around an hour, give or take, depending on your connection.

Also, game installation...

If you like the white and don't mind setup times, then go ahead and wait for it. Otherwise, the sooner you get one, the better, since PS+ is a great deal, and needed for Multiplayer, and right now, Trine 2 ($20) is free for PS+ members, so there's that.

Online, the PS4 is going for $360 right now on ebay and possibly other sites. It goes on sale often.

Also, you can go ahead and preorder Destiny on the PSN, so it will automatically download about a week before launch, so no waiting in lines or waiting for installations...

Plus The Last of Us July 29th

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 20:08 (3605 days ago) @ Korny

You'll want a month to digest that. Amazing game.

Destiny PS4 Bundle: Not so sadly N

by Dan de Board @, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 20:46 (3605 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Well I was able to find a sale with free shipping and 12 months of online for $430 CAD so... Destiny here I come! All aboard the hype train!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread