Just in case you didn't know (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 16, 2014, 07:07 (3604 days ago)

The alpha is semi extended today.
[image]
link

I took the opportunity to try out remote play and wow, it's making me wish my group of friends had PS4s.

I took a vine of it in action. You'll struggle with any on or above level content, especially strikes and the crucible, but for running around the tower or just casually exploring, it worked a charm!

Remote play

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, June 16, 2014, 08:15 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Been looking forward to seeing how well remote play would work for a while.
Hopefully they can make it more viable for general play, I'd love to be able to play it in bed.

Remote play

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 16, 2014, 08:26 (3604 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

Been looking forward to seeing how well remote play would work for a while.
Hopefully they can make it more viable for general play, I'd love to be able to play it in bed.

I'd say the main issue is it's not balanced for the Vita's controls. You can DO everything. It's just that the sticks are not as precise and relying on screen touching for melee and grenades is tough. I'm betting the next PS Vita is going to have all the standard "buttons" of today's consoles and it will be a monster to compete with.

And yes, I'm getting Destiny for XB1. I think the color bar on the controller changing based off of damage and your super is cool, but I never notice it when I'm actually playing. Otherwise, just getting it to play with my friends/dad (he was one of the chattier ones on my stream by the way if anyone was there).

And it ended much differently than it began, with a whimper

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 16, 2014, 10:30 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Was hurtling on my freshly purchased sparrow to a new objective in Explore mode and boom my screen went black, I had lost connection to Bungie's servers.

I hope their experiment went well, because while it was going on, I was having a hell of a time (though I'm quite confident now that I was making the wrong choice with my pulse rifle in the crucible, pretty sure I was cut down with auto rifles in most engagements). Switching to my Shotgun instead of a Fusion Rifle also great helped things. A fusion rifle takes way too long to spin up for how long a crucible engagement lasts.

Write up and screenshots/video to come tomorrow GOT to watch

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 16, 2014, 10:31 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

There is no end - just delay in respawning.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, June 16, 2014, 10:46 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

There is no end - just delay in respawning.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, June 16, 2014, 11:07 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Ah, more like "Delay in being able to get beyond the 'Press X To Play' screen"

But that's it for me. It's been awesome, can't wait for the beta.

And it ended much differently than it began, with a whimper

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, June 16, 2014, 10:51 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Switching to my Shotgun instead of a Fusion Rifle also great helped things. A fusion rifle takes way too long to spin up for how long a crucible engagement lasts.

Same here. Fusion Rifles are great, though for me they didn't come naturally - my timing was always a little off. I'd much rather the combination of the scout rifle and shotgun. Once I found that groove, I didn't really want to step out.

I need to give all weapon types a better chance when the beta rolls around. And the Titan and Hunter, for that matter.

Anyone been playing today?

by marmot 1333 @, Monday, June 16, 2014, 16:16 (3604 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I don't have a ps4, just wondering what's been happening in this bonus time.

Random disconnects, 'pardon our dust' messages

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, June 16, 2014, 16:29 (3604 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Other than that it seemed the same.

Oh! I got disconnected just before fighting the last boss on the Strike, during what had been a (relatively) great run. I was sadface.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread