It's the small details in Destiny... (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 22:03 (3609 days ago)

Saw this in the morning on Reddit, and then DBO retweeted it and reminded me. Check out the awesome detail on the hand cannons in Destiny, recorded by ShadowThunder418.

It's the small details in Destiny...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, June 17, 2014, 23:29 (3609 days ago) @ Xenos

Very cool. There's no trigger visible in that vid, though. ;)

He's not out of ammo when that's happening, so... is he actually doing partial pulls of the controller trigger, and it's tracking the full range of motion and animating with it? Sure looks that way.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 02:21 (3609 days ago) @ stabbim

He's not out of ammo when that's happening, so... is he actually doing partial pulls of the controller trigger, and it's tracking the full range of motion and animating with it? Sure looks that way.

Yes, I remember playing around with it. Seemed like the trigger pulling animation was directly mapped to how far you physically press the trigger.

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 03:05 (3609 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yes, I remember playing around with it. Seemed like the trigger pulling animation was directly mapped to how far you physically press the trigger.

That's pretty sweet. I played with the hand cannons a bit in the alpha and actually never noticed this.
I can't think of any other shooter that's got this going on; certainly not the battlefield series.

YES

by GrimBrother IV, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 07:50 (3609 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm such a freaking gun nerd, it's not even funny. This makes me was waaaay too happy.

They still do one thing that I can't get over, however, which is reloading one shell into a shotgun to top it off and then working the pump.. Which would eject the chambered shell.. Leaving you with room for one more in the tube. Again.

That's just me though.

YES

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 07:58 (3609 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

They still do one thing that I can't get over, however, which is reloading one shell into a shotgun to top it off and then working the pump.. Which would eject the chambered shell.. Leaving you with room for one more in the tube. Again.

Yeah that has bothered me in number of video games. Or similarly when you reload a pistol that isn't empty in a lot of games and they pull the slide back.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread