Recorded NPC Tower dialogue (Destiny)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 05:33 (3605 days ago)

I spent some time wandering around the Tower recording miscellaneous NPC chatter during the last day of the Alpha and arranged a few of the clips into a video here. Check it out. Not a complete collection by any means but I think there are some interesting hints about the story. Civilians being curious about the Guardians' affinity with death, Zavala complaining about political leadership ("didn't we have enough Kings after the Collapse?"), something about the "Siege of Tycho" from the FWC Exo, etc.

I love the voice actor for the FWC rep. She sounds so wonderfully grizzled for a robot.

"An infinity of timelines...if one timeline in a trillion knows peace, how could you ever hope to find it?"

Recorded NPC Tower dialogue

by BlackCoffee_AU, Friday, June 20, 2014, 06:00 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Thanks so much for posting this! I did the same but got different stuff (no vid sorry). I really want to know about the "little guy", Fillion always talking about.

Very cool

by RC ⌂, UK, Friday, June 20, 2014, 06:02 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Really awesome, well done

by GrimBrother IV, Friday, June 20, 2014, 06:16 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I love this kind if stuff!! I definitely recognize the voice actors for fwc Exo woman and zavala. So many great little hints and tidbits about the history and culture.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:03 (3605 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

I definitely recognize the voice actors for fwc Exo woman and zavala.

Is the FWC Women perhaps voiced by... Barbara Rosenblat? I'm not super familiar with her work by any means, but it seems pretty close.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:44 (3604 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Is the FWC Women perhaps voiced by... Barbara Rosenblat? I'm not super familiar with her work by any means, but it seems pretty close.

Nope. It's Shohreh Aghdashloo.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:49 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Good man. I was driven to distraction here.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:52 (3604 days ago) @ DaDerga

Fortunately, she has a distinctive voice, and she's been in a couple of popular TV shows lately, so it was a relatively trivial matter to pin down her name.

Also...that small time game Mass Effect 2 & 3.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:55 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Fortunately, she has a distinctive voice, and she's been in a couple of popular TV shows lately, so it was a relatively trivial matter to pin down her name.

Go to 2m 53s.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:59 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Haven't played those yet. :)

by Yapok @, Friday, June 20, 2014, 11:31 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thats what I recognized her from.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:53 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Ah, yes! very good :)

Awesome! Thanks for recording this :)

by Yapok @, Friday, June 20, 2014, 06:52 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 20, 2014, 07:33 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

... Civilians being curious about the Guardians' affinity with death, Zavala complaining about political leadership ("didn't we have enough Kings after the Collapse?"), something about the "Siege of Tycho" from the FWC Exo, etc. ...

"My father died building the outer wall" - How long ago would that be?

"The Ocean of storms"

"A poster - a big ocean with a wheel."

"Another war story? I was there when the House of Devils burned London..."

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 13:59 (3604 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I suppose that implies at least the outer wall was built within the past century or so if human lifespans haven't changed.

"A poster - a big ocean with a wheel."

Yeah, that one's intriguing!

"What's still out there? We have this poster...a beach, a big machine like a wheel..."

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, June 20, 2014, 14:19 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I suppose that implies at least the outer wall was built within the past century or so if human lifespans haven't changed.

Human lifespans tripled with the arrival of the Traveler.

Oh, right!

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 14:24 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 00:14 (3604 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

But did they stay that way, or was the effect limited to the "Golden Age" period?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 14:27 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"What's still out there? We have this poster...a beach, a big machine like a wheel..."

A reference to the Zanzibar multiplayer map from Halo 2?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, June 20, 2014, 15:53 (3604 days ago) @ stabbim

A reference to the Zanzibar multiplayer map from Halo 2?

Ya know... that might actually be plausible.

I like it.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 20, 2014, 16:03 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

[image]

???

Nice One.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 20, 2014, 08:32 (3605 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Cheers for putting this together. Some lovely wee snippets in there.

I'm surprised that no one

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, June 20, 2014, 13:36 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

has mentioned the Halo reference 9 seconds into the video!

"Uh, there was some awful alien here a moment ago. A face, like a squid.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 13:43 (3604 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

has mentioned the Halo reference 9 seconds into the video!

"Uh, there was some awful alien here a moment ago. A face, like a squid.

Ohh! That makes sense as a Halo reference. I was wondering about that one. Silly. I was thinking it was a Destiny race yet to be revealed or maybe the Speaker took off his mask and went for a stroll. Dude's a regular Phantom of the Opera. :)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, June 20, 2014, 13:48 (3604 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

That one made me LOL.

Halo? Why not zoidberg?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 20, 2014, 14:06 (3604 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

lol - my first thought too!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 20, 2014, 15:29 (3604 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

The First Thing I Thought Of Was...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Friday, June 20, 2014, 14:17 (3604 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

[image]

It's not a Halo reference

by General Battuta, Friday, June 20, 2014, 21:36 (3604 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Be watchful.

O_O

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 02:39 (3604 days ago) @ General Battuta

Be watchful.

Mysterious.

Who could Squid Face be? Is it YOU?

You know what? There was one line I distinctly remember hearing that I didn't manage to catch on video. It's probably irrelevant, but one of the NPCs asks if you heard any howling last night.

Gotta be Werewolves...squid...weresquid.

What Drives?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 20, 2014, 18:47 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Does the Shipmaster say: "We're close, NLS drives, that'll change everything." Near Light Speed? Could be mishearing, but that's what I hear.

Awesome! Pretty sure Cpt. Zavala is Keith David... Sick.

by GrimBrotherIII, Friday, June 20, 2014, 21:59 (3604 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

- No text -

Sorry, Zavala is actually Lance Reddick

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 20, 2014, 22:07 (3604 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

- No text -

Ahh... Close enough. :)

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, June 21, 2014, 09:03 (3604 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread