GameIndustry.biz interviews Pete Parsons (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 13:10 (3599 days ago)

GameIndustry.biz sat down to talk to Pete Parsons, mostly about business related stuff, but still in interesting read.

GameIndustry.biz interviews Pete Parsons

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 13:36 (3599 days ago) @ Xenos

GameIndustry.biz sat down to talk to Pete Parsons, mostly about business related stuff, but still in interesting read.

This might be a first - Xenos gets beat.

Not a first, just one of the only I didn't notice :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 14:15 (3599 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

The More The Merrier, Right? :)

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:16 (3599 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

GameIndustry.biz interviews Pete Parsons

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 18:53 (3598 days ago) @ Xenos

This interview makes me wonder a bit about my interpretation that Bungie left Microsoft because MS wanted them to focus exclusively on Halo.

After reading this it almost sounds as if Bungie wanted to get out from under MS before starting work on Destiny so they would own the IP.

Either way, the end result of the two transactions is the same: instead of actually buying Bungie, Microsoft bought Halo.

The difference, I suppose, lies with who decided to make that the case-- did MS decide all it really wanted and needed to keep was Halo? Or did Bungie decide that that was all they really wanted to sell?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread