On Destiny's Chil - I mean style. Destiny's Style...

by stan, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:06 (4090 days ago)

I've been thinking about the following a lot since I saw the ViDoc and the PS4 trailer.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Bob's Burgers and 10 being Halo: Reach, how evocative of the Halo universe would you guys say Destiny's style/imagery is?

I'd put it at a 7.2. I mean, I'm pretty sure I saw an elite holding a needler in the PS4 trailer (at around 45 seconds). Am I seeing things, or does Bungie really seem to be borrowing from themselves a lot, at least in these early images?

(P.S. I'm not saying there will be more, but I can't imagine the subject line to this post is the last Destiny's Child joke we're going to hear before this thing ships)

It's not new

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 14:25 (4090 days ago) @ stan

Go look up the similarities between Halo and Marathon, they like certain themes and ideas. I don't personally have a problem with it, but there ya go.

It's not new

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 16:56 (4090 days ago) @ Xenos

I wouldn't have it any other way. There is plenty of new, seasoned with the old. Now I just want to see a little Myth thrown in. There *is* magic involved, after all.

~M

It's not new

by Smee, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 18:33 (4089 days ago) @ Xenos

Personally I think that Marathon, Halo and Destiny will make up a trilogy of sorts, all exploring what it is to be human, contrasted against aliens, cyborgs, AI and genetic, mutant things.

Now that I think of it, Oni also explored what it means to transcend humanity via technology. It's a cool topic, and it still has a lot of scope to explore.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread