Bwupdate (Destiny)

by GrimBrother IV, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 14:58 (3591 days ago)

A wonderful quote...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 15:13 (3591 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Diversity in armaments is a crucial element of Destiny that makes us all more powerful.

If only 343i held this to heart instead of MLG ALL-AROUND RIFLEZ 4SHOT

A wonderful quote...

by yakaman, Monday, July 07, 2014, 06:40 (3587 days ago) @ Korny

If only 343i held this to heart instead of MLG ALL-AROUND RIFLEZ 4SHOT

This is a little disingenuous, isn't it? Bungie introduced the Pistol (H1), the Battle Rifle (H2) and the DMR (Reach), and also created the structure and rules that make the mid-range rifle so dominating.

For certain, I'd like to see the mid-range rifle de-emphasized...or maybe, I'd like to see some other consistently viable alternative. Space Magic is as good a candidate as any, thought the Hunter's "golden gun" (or whatever it's called) looked like a mid-range one-shot.

Bwupdate

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 15:15 (3591 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

1. The talk about weapons being tied to story beats sure seems reminiscent of some people's wants.

2. Four separate theaters of war. Hmm.

3. *Bleep bloop* :)

Bwupdate

by sario, Between a rock and a crazy place, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 15:43 (3591 days ago) @ Ragashingo

2. Four separate theaters of war. Hmm.

So no cross play between platforms. I was hoping there would be play between PS3/PS4 and X360/Xone

Bwupdate

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 16:24 (3591 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

Something about this update has me wanting to ask a camera-type question for old times sake. Weird.

Panoramas in a Viewer

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 18:04 (3590 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

plattinator on reddit just posted the panoramas from the update in a viewer on pan0.net right here.

Superb!

by Veegie, Thursday, July 03, 2014, 19:45 (3590 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Nice!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, July 04, 2014, 10:24 (3590 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Wrecked planes in Cosmodrome

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, July 04, 2014, 19:02 (3589 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

What's the deal with those?

I'd guess boneyard, but the way the wrecks are aligned, nevermind the rocky terrain and the way they're semi buried, cancels that out. Crashes don't make a whole lot of sense either, not that clean, and not that close together. Can't be a landing strip because, again, the terrain doesn't lend itself.

So what's the deal? What's with all the plane carcasses? There always exists the possibility they're there "just cause" which I wouldn't mind, but this is Bungie, and such environmental details seem to usually be thought out.

by Yapok @, Friday, July 04, 2014, 20:36 (3589 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286
edited by Yapok, Friday, July 04, 2014, 20:39

I'd guess boneyard, but the way the wrecks are aligned, nevermind the rocky terrain and the way they're semi buried, cancels that out. Crashes don't make a whole lot of sense either, not that clean, and not that close together. Can't be a landing strip because, again, the terrain doesn't lend itself.

So what's the deal? What's with all the plane carcasses? There always exists the possibility they're there "just cause" which I wouldn't mind, but this is Bungie, and such environmental details seem to usually be thought out.

Just a hunch, but they could have taken inspiration from this:

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2012/12/abandoned-aviation-museum-lingers-amid-redevelopment-of-moscows-khodynka-aero...

Russian aerodrome, meet Destiny Cosmodrome.

Alternatively it could just represent an airport that got hit with the collapse. But the first idea is cooler ;)

by Veegie, Friday, July 04, 2014, 23:45 (3589 days ago) @ Yapok

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, July 05, 2014, 01:05 (3589 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I'd guess boneyard, but the way the wrecks are aligned, nevermind the rocky terrain and the way they're semi buried, cancels that out.

Boneyard...

Well, the place is called "Mothyards", and those aren't the only planes in that area... I whipped up a clip real quick that gives you a glimpse at a sunken tail and the other side of the ridge, which is filled with dozens of planes, much like the PoA level in Reach. What I get from the Mothyards is that those planes were what took people to the launches, but something bad happened.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread