Destiny for Collectors. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:09 (3587 days ago)

Dat star chart.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:13 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Dat Ghost

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:21 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Not gonna nag, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:26 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Kind of interesting that the game isn't even out yet, and we already have two DLCs being sold separately.

Early sign of nickels and dimes? *shrug*

I'm curious as to whether or not people who have already preordered digitally can upgrade...

Not gonna nag, but...

by EffortlessFury @, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:44 (3587 days ago) @ Korny

If you recall the leaked Activision contract, DLCs are in contract. That means they're definitely planned ahead and is of no surprise.

Another question...

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:57 (3587 days ago) @ Korny

If I get the 360 edition and upgrade to PS4 or Xbone will I need to reacquire the DLC? That may hasten my original idea of constantly switching platforms.

I was wondering this myself.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:02 (3587 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

If I get the 360 edition and upgrade to PS4 or Xbone will I need to reacquire the DLC? That may hasten my original idea of constantly switching platforms.

To continue this idea If play the beta on a 360 but the game on the One, do things transfer?

I was wondering this myself.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:37 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

As far as in-game progress, there's a very good chance that it will transfer over, as progress is stored server-side by Bungie.

Purchases like DLC are a licensing issue. Playstation does support cross-platform licenses, in case any PS3 owners buy that version, but I'm not sure about Xbox One. Anyone have BF4 season pass? I know that's one of the earlier cross-platform licenses...

That's what I'm a-fearing

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:39 (3587 days ago) @ Korny

If I want to switch off and play with you and Sammy when my brother is home with his PS4, and then play with the good ol' boys on my 360 or Xbone if I end up getting one, I have to buy all the DLC twice... and this DLC ain't cheap, man.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:44 (3587 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

If I want to play with Lil Blue I've got to play on two separate boxes, thus buy it twice.

Welcome to the New Age

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:58 (3587 days ago) @ bluerunner

I wonder when the PC edition is coming out

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 07, 2014, 12:22 (3587 days ago) @ bluerunner

If I want to play with Lil Blue I've got to play on two separate boxes, thus buy it twice.

Not if you buy two PS4s. Sammy and I only buy one copy of a game, and it works for both consoles we both had Alpha copies with only one Alpha code (hence my spare code).
Heck, I've been sharing my games with Fanella, Sammy, and even Bones for a while now.

Otherwise, refurbished Xboxes are pretty cheap, so that could free you up some change for another copy.

How people still try to use the Xbone as a point of pride is beyond me, but when I eventually get one, I guess I'll see for myself if the exclusives are worth it...

Unpopular opinion time

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:49 (3587 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

If I want to switch off and play with you and Sammy when my brother is home with his PS4, and then play with the good ol' boys on my 360 or Xbone if I end up getting one, I have to buy all the DLC twice... and this DLC ain't cheap, man.

I'll just chime in here and tell you the same thing I just told Bones:

Pick one platform and stick to it man.

I know that means leaving some friends behind, and that sucks. But you'll make new friends. And you'll still see them in these community places.

I know that is an unpopular opinion that will have at least one person telling me to fuck off, but that's the way I see it. Somebody's gotta say it.

I can't imagine DLC being transferable across different brands. Having it transferable within brand seems to be asking too much too.

It's just the way things are with gaming these days.

I also can't fathom playing Destiny on one console and then trying to manage a different set of character, weapons, unlocks and DLC in multiple instances.

Pick one.

Quality, over quantity.

Those that are upset, vote with your wallets. That is really the only way to send a message. Over time, the dust will settle.

-Rev out.

That's the thing

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:57 (3587 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I haven't decided fully, I want an Xbone for MCC, and my bro's PS4 is available for the time being. Which of the 4 plats do I sink $150 into? especially if I buy it for 360 then can't use the DLC with the One I would get. This licensing shit is making hesitate on pre-ordering. And that's my problem.

But at least saves can transfer.... I'm assuming.

That's the thing

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 07, 2014, 12:02 (3587 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

What if your PS4 save includes a weapon or Strike your Xbone doesn't yet have access to? This lack of full disclosure is pretty terrible!

Unpopular opinion time

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:58 (3587 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I can't imagine DLC being transferable across different brands. Having it transferable within brand seems to be asking too much too.

I don't know. I think nextgen content should cost more, but with a game who's core structure was built for four consoles the extra effort would have been spent on drawing the higher resolution stuff anyway. That the current DLC system sucks isn't a good reason to accept it. :/

The rest I largely agree with... as long as the developer accurately tells me what I do and don't get by way of my console choice.

Unpopular opinion time

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, July 07, 2014, 12:14 (3587 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The rest I largely agree with... as long as the developer accurately tells me what I do and don't get by way of my console choice.

This is the part that is annoying me. I wish they would just put it in plain text what you get and when you get it. Then I can make an informed decision based on that. If they're still working on details, just a "info coming soon" would be all right. Today seems like a muddled mess of info. Just straight forward answers would be nice: "These are the exclusives, here's how long they're exclusive." "Here's how cross platform saves work" or "We will let you know about cross platform saves on this date", and so on. Leaving people to speculate on this kind of stuff only leads to doomsday prophecies, and takes away from the real speculation we should be engaging in, which is story speculation.

Not gonna nag, but...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:09 (3587 days ago) @ Korny

I'm curious as to whether or not people who have already preordered digitally can upgrade...

What's stopping you from cancelling your existing preorder and ordering a new version?

Not gonna nag, but...

by Yapok @, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:14 (3587 days ago) @ Claude Errera

The PSN digital pre-order is not refundable.

Not gonna nag, but...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:18 (3587 days ago) @ Yapok

Ah. Hmm. That's... hmm. And you've paid for it already? That seems...

That seems relatively dishonest, actually.

Not gonna nag, but...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:30 (3587 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Correct.

Ah. Hmm. That's... hmm. And you've paid for it already? That seems...

Yeah. Digital preorders are paid in full.

That seems relatively dishonest, actually.

That's the risk of digital preorders it seems. The thought that I may miss out on Heroic/Legendary packages crossed my mind, but the benefits of a digital copy (financially) outweigh these cons. Might be different for other people though, but I've no doubt that the Legendary editions will be in a Gamestop's overstock bin before I start to lament what I'm missing...

Still, I wish there WAS some sort of upgrade system in place, if only for a limited time.
Also, needs more ViDocs, and a Making of Featurette, otherwise it feels... Incomplete.

BUYING THE CRAP OUTTA DAT GHOST EDITION

by GrimBrother One, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:31 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Price point.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:36 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by INSANEdrive, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:40

According to Amazon - (C+P)

Destiny Ghost Edition - PlayStation 4 Ghost Edition
by Activision See the Amazon Page for this brand
Platform: PlayStation 4 | Rated: Teen
Price: $149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

Destiny Limited Edition - PlayStation 4 Limited Edition
by Activision See the Amazon Page for this brand
Platform: PlayStation 4 | Rated: Teen
Price: $99.99 & FREE Shipping. Details

Yep.

Edit- Price point is also in the IGN article

Price point.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, July 07, 2014, 11:54 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Do I really want to spend $50 more than the Limited Edition just for a silly replica of Ghost? Ugh. If I must...

This kind of stuff, packaging and all, is exactly what I expected out of Bungie and I'm very pleased by it. Thank you, Bungie!

No Behind the Scenes content?

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:37 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

My favourite part of any collectors edition :-/

I second this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:40 (3587 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

- No text -

Thirded.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:02 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Thirded.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:09 (3587 days ago) @ Kermit

A thought: this weekend I stumbled upon the Reach Legendary walk-through video and of course was saddened a bit by the presence of personalities no longer employed by Bungie. I thought about how awkward it would be for them to wax on about the Destiny score, and thought, "Man, a behind the scenes vid is going to be weird this time."

Maybe too weird. :(

There's a 360 Ghost Edition Version, I hope?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:40 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

There is a version for all four systems.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:44 (3587 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Though annoyingly Amazon hasn't posted the XBox One version yet.

There is a version for all four systems.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:02 (3587 days ago) @ Xenos

Though annoyingly Amazon hasn't posted the XBox One version yet.

Yeah, that's weird.

Dat Skybox.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, July 07, 2014, 09:48 (3587 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

In the IGN video - 2:39 in.

Yes.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread