Question Request. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 10:30 (3586 days ago)

Even though I try to make it to the mail sack, I just can't seem to swoop in and make the kill. This question has been burning in the back of my brain for awhile now, and it is a hunger I wish to quell (as I can).

It has been said that all those who play on Xbox 360 or Ps3 will be able to go up to the newer consoles without trouble (but now the other way around). To that note the question is simple, How? How will that system work?

Thank You.

Question Request.

by petetheduck, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 10:40 (3586 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Even though I try to make it to the mail sack, I just can't seem to swoop in and make the kill. This question has been burning in the back of my brain for awhile now, and it is a hunger I wish to quell (as I can).

It has been said that all those who play on Xbox 360 or Ps3 will be able to go up to the newer consoles without trouble (but now the other way around). To that note the question is simple, How? How will that system work?

Thank You.

I would guess that it happens automagically by linking either your Xbox or Playstation account to your Bungie.net account. You would load up the game on the newer platform and all your stuff is just.. there.

Since you can log in to the same Bungie.net account using both an Xbox or Playstation account, I'm suspicious that it might be possible to carry accounts cross-platform as well--something for people with multiple platforms to test during the Beta.

I don't remember the process being specifically detailed anywhere.

Question Request.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:17 (3586 days ago) @ petetheduck

According to the interview INSANEdrive posted, cross platform looks to be in the hands of Sony and Microsoft. I hope at least that we can cross save both ways on at least each side. I'll be playing with the kids on two 360s and by myself on XB1.

Me, too.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:21 (3586 days ago) @ bluerunner

According to the interview INSANEdrive posted, cross platform looks to be in the hands of Sony and Microsoft. I hope at least that we can cross save both ways on at least each side. I'll be playing with the kids on two 360s and by myself on XB1.

Question Request.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 11:42 (3586 days ago) @ petetheduck

Since you can log in to the same Bungie.net account using both an Xbox or Playstation account, I'm suspicious that it might be possible to carry accounts cross-platform as well--something for people with multiple platforms to test during the Beta.

This I aim to test specifically. I'll have access to a PS3 at the start of the beta, and then my daughter is hoping to join in the fun on the 360 when the time comes, so I'll attempt to migrate my character(s) over to the Xbox side to play with her.

...which also means I'll need 3 beta codes...

If successful, it really would mean the barrier between platforms is as low as humanly possible. I don't figure much more could be done at that point without getting Green Team and Blue Team to parley.

~m

Question Request.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 12:47 (3586 days ago) @ Malagate

This I aim to test specifically. I'll have access to a PS3 at the start of the beta, and then my daughter is hoping to join in the fun on the 360 when the time comes, so I'll attempt to migrate my character(s) over to the Xbox side to play with her.

...which also means I'll need 3 beta codes...

Just 2. The Xbox code will cover both of your boxes (and one more, besides).

Just got caught up on the news. Sa-weeeet.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 14:31 (3586 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I hope some of the butthurt folks are paying attention to just how much Bungle is doing to include everyone.

~m

by petetheduck, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 14:37 (3586 days ago) @ Malagate

I hope some of the butthurt folks are paying attention to just how much Bungle is doing to include everyone.

~m

It's completely irrelevant to the issue, but sure, I'm paying attention.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, July 11, 2014, 22:13 (3585 days ago) @ Malagate

~m

What I want to know is why didn't they announce the three code thing on Bungie Day. While they were at it they could've brought up this save transfer thing again, although from what I read they talked about it in somewhat cautious terms, as something they were "interested in having".

by Yapok @, Friday, July 11, 2014, 22:30 (3585 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Yeah its a bit annoying the information im most interested in knowing like that type of stuff is not disclosed.

Maybe they decided after Bungie Day

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 11, 2014, 22:49 (3585 days ago) @ Yapok

You know, as an apology

GTAV can do it.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 14:29 (3586 days ago) @ petetheduck

Since you can log in to the same Bungie.net account using both an Xbox or Playstation account, I'm suspicious that it might be possible to carry accounts cross-platform as well

Destiny can probably do it, too.

Question Request.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, July 11, 2014, 23:02 (3585 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Thank You.

Do you mind if I jump on? *ahem* How will custom games work? I know it's a little late to bring it up, but then I don't think they would've said anything substantive about it before, and I've been busy.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread