Bungie Weekly Update: July 11, 2014 (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 11, 2014, 18:57 (3579 days ago)

DeeJ has posted the Weekly Update! Go read it!

Why do you hate your Xbox fans?

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, July 11, 2014, 19:01 (3579 days ago) @ Xenos

I feel like this needs to be stressed. Bring on the Beta!

We don't hate any of our fans. When we look at Bungie.net, we see gamers. We dare say that we see Bungie fans – although that might be assuming too much. Loving a good game and the hard-working developers who create it is not a console exclusive. This is one place where Guardians will truly be equal. You’ll each have a chance to become legend on this site. Our hope is that we can use this environment to talk about the amazing experiences we will all have in common. Bungie has embraced many different platforms in our storied history. We have a hard time sitting still. Our goal has been to create amazing worlds and fill them with as many passionate people as possible. What we would tell you is that, if you want to explore the world of Destiny, it was built with you in mind. We make games here at Bungie. We love the people who play them equally.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 11, 2014, 19:10 (3579 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, July 11, 2014, 19:14

I feel like this needs to be stressed. Bring on the Beta!

We don't hate any of our fans. When we look at Bungie.net, we see gamers. We dare say that we see Bungie fans – although that might be assuming too much. Loving a good game and the hard-working developers who create it is not a console exclusive. This is one place where Guardians will truly be equal. You’ll each have a chance to become legend on this site. Our hope is that we can use this environment to talk about the amazing experiences we will all have in common. Bungie has embraced many different platforms in our storied history. We have a hard time sitting still. Our goal has been to create amazing worlds and fill them with as many passionate people as possible. What we would tell you is that, if you want to explore the world of Destiny, it was built with you in mind. We make games here at Bungie. We love the people who play them equally.

The internet: [image]

5 days till beta starts for PS4.

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 03:42 (3579 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Eh, you're highlighting what's basically the same answer they've given for over a year, which has clearly not satisfied the people still annoyed by what they perceive as slights.

Unfortunately

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 08:33 (3579 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

by what they perceive as slights.

Bullseye!

Unfortunately

by petetheduck, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 08:56 (3579 days ago) @ DaDerga

by what they perceive as slights.

Bullseye!

The perception that the glass is half full and the perception that the glass is half empty are both accurate.

Precisely

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 13:29 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

The perception that the glass is half full and the perception that the glass is half empty are both accurate.

But how it's seen is solely the province of the person perceiving.

by spidersVise ⌂, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 08:51 (3579 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

This rubs me the wrong way. It's like a kid asking his parents for answers, and instead of answering the question they say "don't be silly, we love you!" They don't actually address the problem, which is that your brother gets to play with the model rockets for a longer time than you, and he gets to have even bigger, better, rockets. You'll get them too, but not until twelve months pass. And when you point that out to them, nothing but more "but we love you!"s.

I get it, Bungie, you don't hate us. Hell, I still love you despite everything. But please stop sidestepping and head-patting. Some answers, direct, would be nice.

Ultimately, none of my words matter. I'm just another voice among thousands, millions, of gamers. I won't change a thing. But I'm darn sure gonna share my opinion on the subject.

by kapowaz, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 09:11 (3579 days ago) @ spidersVise

This rubs me the wrong way. It's like a kid asking his parents for answers, and instead of answering the question they say "don't be silly, we love you!"

I can now only picture DeeJ as Troy McClure.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 09:11 (3579 days ago) @ spidersVise

I get it, Bungie, you don't hate us. Hell, I still love you despite everything. But please stop sidestepping and head-patting. Some answers, direct, would be nice.

I think if they could they would. They obviously aren't ignoring the people that are upset, so the only two conclusions I can come up with would be they really DO hate Xbox users (which I don't believe), or they actually CAN'T say anything.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 09:34 (3579 days ago) @ Xenos

I think if they could they would. They obviously aren't ignoring the people that are upset, so the only two conclusions I can come up with would be they really DO hate Xbox users (which I don't believe), or they actually CAN'T say anything.

"We are contractually obligated not to tell you we are contractually obligated"

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 09:44 (3579 days ago) @ spidersVise

While i appreciate that Deej is trying (that's why i love the guy) I agree that it feels more like a head-pat... It's just not the answer we were looking for.

by petetheduck, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:00 (3579 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

While i appreciate that Deej is trying (that's why i love the guy) I agree that it feels more like a head-pat... It's just not the answer we were looking for.

I appreciate DeeJ's hat trick this week--DBO, Guardian Radio, and BWU all address the Xbox situation. Nothing has changed about the actual situation, but I appreciate that from DeeJ. But it makes you think--what IS the answer we're looking for? What can DeeJ do for us to make us happy?

I think the most realistic request from Bungie is hard dates on when Xbox will have content parity with Playstation, including some indication of expectations regarding the expansion exclusivity. I think that's an important piece of information to release prior to September 9th.

We've heard Fall 2015, but then that was retracted by Activision.

I don't like getting blindsided by additional exclusives coupled with incomplete information. I also don't like any bit of it, but, you know. I don't want to end up in the news again. More information wouldn't necessarily make me happy, but I attribute the lack of information to part of what has made me quite so unhappy.

Indeed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:10 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:29 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

I think the most realistic request from Bungie is hard dates on when Xbox will have content parity with Playstation, including some indication of expectations regarding the expansion exclusivity. I think that's an important piece of information to release prior to September 9th.

I think this is completely reasonable to expect, and probably the only thing you may get. I feel like everything has already been set in motion, so the timed exclusives and the shorter beta can't be changed now. However, knowing exactly what you're going to get when you buy it doesn't seem unreasonable.

I concur.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:33 (3579 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Agreed.

by GrimBrotherIII, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 11:14 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

by yakaman, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 11:41 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

I don't like getting blindsided by additional exclusives coupled with incomplete information. I also don't like any bit of it, but, you know. I don't want to end up in the news again. More information wouldn't necessarily make me happy, but I attribute the lack of information to part of what has made me quite so unhappy.

Yeah - I think all of this was made worse than it had to be - every time there was something that should have been exciting, there was a soft kick to the groin included for Xbox users.

So, I understand - water under the bridge and all that. I'm good. But they can make it easier on us (and themselves) with full disclosure...or at least as much as they can muster.

All in all...may frustration is starting to turn into anticipation. The 3 downloads per code really is awesome - that means specifically that I'll get to try the Beta with my 2 nephews. That means a lot.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 12:30 (3579 days ago) @ yakaman

Yeah - I think all of this was made worse than it had to be - every time there was something that should have been exciting, there was a soft kick to the groin included for Xbox users.

Rest easy though, knowing you aren't missing THAT much. If the content can be optional, then it's not 'important' or 'essential' in the sense that it deeply affects the game experience of the story. It can't be deeply integrated into the game system, otherwise missing it would be a huge hangup.

by yakaman, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 13:57 (3579 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Rest easy though, knowing you aren't missing THAT much. If the content can be optional, then it's not 'important' or 'essential' in the sense that it deeply affects the game experience of the story. It can't be deeply integrated into the game system, otherwise missing it would be a huge hangup.

It actually helps that another game (Dragon Age Inquisition) is giving exclusive stuff to Xbox. Not because it makes it even, but because it allows me to see how minimal the DLC exclusivity is in the big scheme of things. In effect, allows me to see from other side, without emotion.

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 13:45 (3579 days ago) @ petetheduck

I appreciate DeeJ's hat trick this week--DBO, Guardian Radio, and BWU all address the Xbox situation. Nothing has changed about the actual situation, but I appreciate that from DeeJ. But it makes you think--what IS the answer we're looking for? What can DeeJ do for us to make us happy?

In my opinion, honesty is the best policy. They will never find an answer to please everyone, so why not just lay out the truth so people can see what's going on. It might even enlighten folks on why console exclusive content sucks and why it shouldn't continue in the future.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 14, 2014, 18:29 (3576 days ago) @ petetheduck

We've heard Fall 2015, but then that was retracted by Activision.

The pipe dream answer would be "Activision messed something up, Xbox and PlayStation work the same"; the answer that's barely better than what we're getting is just what you said, knowing exactly when the time will be up on timed exclusives, and knowing which things are permanent exclusives. What most people who have problem with this are looking for, I don't know. What I'd like is for them to give dates for this stuff, say how it affects gameplay, and give at least some insight into how or why they did this-- as I've said, I'm pretty much certain that's entirely or almost entirely because of money, but transparency is always nice, and seeing the thought process might make things not ruffle feathers as much-- a decision you don't like but that you can understand is almost always going to be less upsetting than a decision you don't like that seems like it's for no reason.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread