Beta is 12.63GB according to Xbox store. (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 01:16 (3576 days ago)

Jesse Christ!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 01:49 (3576 days ago) @ bluerunner

I have like less than 1GB remaining on my hard drive. :(

Jesse Christ!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 08:30 (3576 days ago) @ Grizzlei

That's definitely for the Xbox One... the 360 will for sure be less. Still I'd clear some space on that hard drive of yours! lol

Preloading has started for some [PS4]

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 03:35 (3576 days ago) @ bluerunner

So I have a digital pre-order for Destiny and today I turned my PS4 to see that the Destiny Beta was added to my downloads.

It appears to download a 179MB file which I am assuming is just some core data for the game and the rest of it will be added in via an update later.

As it was downloading, it said that the size of the game was 13.2GB, but once the download had finished it said the total size was 14.3GB on the game's content screen.

I should note that when I try to run it I get the error message CE-34632-8 which I'm assuming is related to licencing/not being playable yet.

Reddit

Well, consider it one day less for me, then...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:05 (3576 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:11 (3576 days ago) @ ZackDark

It'd be convenient if ahead of next Thursday we could get a news post breaking down the download size for each platform.

I know I have plenty of drive space, but the download will, like you, knock most of a day off. Some of my friends though? Download size could be a deal breaker. It'd be nice to know ahead of time.

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, July 14, 2014, 08:07 (3574 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

It'd be convenient if ahead of next Thursday we could get a news post breaking down the download size for each platform.

I know I have plenty of drive space, but the download will, like you, knock most of a day off. Some of my friends though? Download size could be a deal breaker. It'd be nice to know ahead of time.

Yeah, I live out in the country with with data caps. Playing doesn't use too much data, but I always have to drive to town and use my brother in law's internet to download games and updates.

Some day i will tell my grandkids "Back in my day, we had to drive 20 miles uphill just to download a game."

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 14, 2014, 08:25 (3574 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Some day i will tell my grandkids "Back in my day, we had to drive 20 miles uphill just to download a game."

You forgot to say "both ways!" You always have to say uphill both ways!

Signed,

Old Coot

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread