Hard drive requirement? (Destiny)

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 15:39 (3584 days ago)

I haven't been keeping up with Destiny information or this forum lately, so sorry if this was brought up already, but on the Beta FAQ page I saw this:

Destiny is compatible with all PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One consoles except for the following systems due to Destiny’s hard drive requirement.
Xbox 360™ Arcade Console
Xbox 360™ 4GB Console
Xbox 360™ Core System
PlayStation®3 12GB System"

Just bringing it up because I didn't know until today.

Hard drive requirement?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 15:52 (3584 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

This is what I've seen:
http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=26735

I've got a 20GB hard drive, but I've also got some thumb drives plugged in. I should have enough on one of those if not the hard drive.

Hard drive requirement?

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 15:56 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

Thanks for the link. I just brought it up because the way it was worded was implying that Destiny itself will require a hard drive, but I might have misread it.

Hard drive requirement?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 16:04 (3584 days ago) @ RaichuKFM
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 16:23

Destiny is compatible with all PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One consoles except for the following systems due to Destiny’s hard drive requirement.
Xbox 360™ Arcade Console
Xbox 360™ 4GB Console
Xbox 360™ Core System
PlayStation®3 12GB System"

Thanks for the link. I just brought it up because the way it was worded was implying that Destiny itself will require a hard drive, but I might have misread it.

I shall clarify it for you.

*AHEM*

Hard Drive? - YES. Even if it wasn't worded in that way, I am right.
For more information please see how large the download is for destiny.

ಠ__ಠ

Edit: Forgive me if my wording is tense. I just... I don't understand, and the more I think about it...ow.

Not a shocker.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 20:16 (3584 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Bungie has an insanely good track record for compatibility, but a game like Destiny can probably seriously make use of HDD streaming.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread