Preload (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 00:06 (3584 days ago)

Does anybody know of, or know of any plans for being able to preload the beta?

It'll take 9 hours AT BEST to download unless I can steal someone's fast connection.

If not, anybody live in Los Angeles and have wicked fast internet? :-p

Pre-ordering digital through PSN will let you pre-load.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 00:10 (3584 days ago) @ Cody Miller

At least, that's what I have been hearing through the Destiny subreddit.

Pre-ordering digital through PSN will let you pre-load.

by Yapok @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 03:26 (3584 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

This seems to only apply for those with EU PSN accounts and digital preorders at the moment.

Pre-ordering digital through PSN will let you pre-load NOW.

by Numinar @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 16:13 (3584 days ago) @ Yapok

Had to re-queue it from the web PSN store, but now it's on it's way!

Will take about half an hour on the glassfasser. Don't be jelly, it's cheap but the house is insanely expensive and there is no elevator.

Australian PSN, German location. (Schlaaaaaand!) Wonder what they base the MM on.

[image]

How do you re-queue it from the web?

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 17:58 (3582 days ago) @ Numinar

Had to re-queue it from the web PSN store, but now it's on it's way!

I was hoping to preload it (U.S.)
On the PS4 I have the pending downloads for the Digital Guardian Edition and Expansion, but there is no pending download for the Beta (or any other information on it).

I logged into the web PSN store from my PC (I think?), but was not able to find any further information either. Nothing in my email I don't think.

I have a Beta code for my Amazon.com pre-ordered physical copy from a year ago, But I may end up using that code for the Xbox One so my buddy can try it out too.

by Numinar @, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 15:02 (3581 days ago) @ Pyromancy

Go to the PSN store while logged in, you need to go to the store, not the account area.

Click on the "games" link under services. Then you see something like this!

[image]

Then on the left you should see this:

[image]

Do it! Good luck! You might have to delete any nonsense the PS4 has already tried to DL, I know I did, did you? I know I did, did you?

PS: Get Towerfall while you are there, it's free and amazing.

+1 for the BBT ref

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 16:04 (3581 days ago) @ Numinar

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 17:28 (3581 days ago) @ Numinar

You might have to activate your PS4 as your primary machine.

If it doesn't allow pre-load for most of us...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:02 (3584 days ago) @ Cody Miller

...I guess it's make sense.

What is the beta about anyway? Isn't it about server load? Guess how to guarantee an extraordinary server load. Everyone downloading it at the exact same time. Helps them prevent a SimCity-like day-1 fiasco on the game itself, I guess.

Either way, even if I'm allowed to pre-load on the 22nd, I won't, since there is a scheduled powergrid maintenance that will last the whole of the 22nd... 3rd-world country's infrastructure ftw!

Xbox 360 download...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:10 (3584 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'm afraid they won't send the codes until the middle of the day when I'm at work, then I won't be able to play that night until it downloads. If I leave my Xbox on and enter the code through Xbox's website, will it automatically start downloading while I'm at work?

Xbox 360 download...

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:58 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

Yes it wil.

Any estimate on size?

by Velociraptor112, Places., Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:07 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm hoping they'll release the codes early, cause mine will probably take a while, depending on size. Speaking of anybody have an idea of about how big it'll be?

Any estimate on size?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:10 (3584 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

Any estimate on size?

by Velociraptor112, Places., Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:23 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

Oh.......my......that's huge. I...might have to wait until the 24th to play it.

Not so sure aboot that...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 13:57 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

New-gen downloads tend to be pretty huge thanks to less audio compression and higher-quality textures (Battlefield 4 is 49 gigs on PS4). The Alpha alone was just shy of 8gigs, so I assume last-gen consoles will probably be only 5 gigs or so (probably 10 or so on PS3). Still huge for a demo, but nothing that should freak people out.

Xbox 360 download...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:12 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm afraid they won't send the codes until the middle of the day when I'm at work, then I won't be able to play that night until it downloads. If I leave my Xbox on and enter the code through Xbox's website, will it automatically start downloading while I'm at work?

I know downloads can finish after you have turned off the Xbox 360, if you have the background download turned on, but a straight download to the Xbox 360 while it is off?

I don't think that is possible. You would have to activate it at work, and have someone turn on the Xbox 360 and log you in to start the DL.

Edit: According to Snipe the answer is yes. News to me. What is this I don't even.

Edit 2: The Xbox One can do Remote Downloads. Just FYI.

Xbox 360 download...

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:30 (3584 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I know downloads can finish after you have turned off the Xbox 360, if you have the background download turned on, but a straight download to the Xbox 360 while it is off?

I don't think that is possible. You would have to activate it at work, and have someone turn on the Xbox 360 and log you in to start the DL.

Edit: According to Snipe the answer is yes. News to me. What is this I don't even.

Edit 2: The Xbox One can do Remote Downloads. Just FYI.

No, everything you're saying is correct. The Xbox 360 won't start the download while it's off - but look over bluerunner's post again. He's leaving his Xbox turned ON all day while he's at work. I'm sure he'll plant a few trees as a carbon offset for the massive strain he's putting on the grid. ;)

As soon as the beta code is redeemed on Xbox.com it should begin downloading on his console at home, assuming the red ring of death machine hasn't burned his house down first.

D'oh.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:43 (3584 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

- No text -

Xbox 360 download...

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 15:15 (3584 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan

If my house burns down I'm coming to live at yours. Pray that it doesn't.

Xbox 360 download...

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 16:15 (3584 days ago) @ bluerunner

If my house burns down I'm coming to live at yours. Pray that it doesn't.

[image]

Xbox 360 download...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 13, 2014, 14:49 (3584 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

The problem with background download is that it doesn't resume if your connection drops midway unless you turn the Xbox back on. Given my history with big downloads and my ISP...

If it doesn't allow pre-load for most of us...

by sario, Between a rock and a crazy place, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 08:10 (3584 days ago) @ ZackDark

...I guess it's make sense.

What is the beta about anyway? Isn't it about server load? Guess how to guarantee an extraordinary server load. Everyone downloading it at the exact same time. Helps them prevent a SimCity-like day-1 fiasco on the game itself, I guess.

Either way, even if I'm allowed to pre-load on the 22nd, I won't, since there is a scheduled powergrid maintenance that will last the whole of the 22nd... 3rd-world country's infrastructure ftw!

Sever load testing is one of reasons

From B.net

"Play when you can, but make sure you’re present to be counted on July 26th. Not only > are we hoping to leave a high watermark for population on that day..."

link

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread