Cody, save us - From Gamestop (OT) (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 14:10 (3584 days ago)

Okay, maybe this is where I join on the anti-pre-order band wagon.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestops-involvement-in-development-is-another-bl/1100-6421040/

...and he will look down and whisper...

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 14:44 (3584 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

- No text -

...the Lannisters send their regards.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 14:55 (3584 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I thought it was "No."...?

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 17:00 (3584 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I'll be back

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 18:32 (3584 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

And in case I don't see ya!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 14, 2014, 05:40 (3583 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight!

Cody, save us - From Gamestop (OT)

by Avateur @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 15:56 (3584 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Much like how I won't buy games published by EA, I haven't bought games from GameStop in years. I'll be buying Destiny on day one, but I sure won't be pre-ordering it. No patience for all this nonsense. Great article, DEEP. Thanks.

Cody, save us - From Gamestop (OT)

by Fuertisimo, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 17:31 (3584 days ago) @ Avateur

I'd actually begun a policy of not buying Activision products too but then Bungie had to go and partner with them.

Ultimately companies will press as hard and as far as they can with this nonsense so long as people are still spending. The only way to fight back is to not spend.

Thinking the GOTY guy has a good idea

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 17:47 (3584 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

First comment on the article intrigues.

Only buy games when the entire package is available. Sure, you have to wait, but it's just time amirite and there's plenty else to do.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 15:28 (3582 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

First comment on the article intrigues.

Only buy games when the entire package is available. Sure, you have to wait, but it's just time amirite and there's plenty else to do.

For single player games, this is a no brainer. I held off for The Last of Us, and now I get the PS4 version with the DLC on the disc at no extra cost.

For multiplayer games, this is much harder, since you will be coming into a very different player population later in the game's life. Imagine picking up Halo Reach today and expecting to have as good a time in multiplayer…

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 15:50 (3582 days ago) @ Cody Miller

For single player games, this is a no brainer. I held off for The Last of Us, and now I get the PS4 version with the DLC on the disc at no extra cost.

$30 less actually. The total cost of the original game with the season pass was $80. I'm interested to hear what you think about that one.

I completely agree with your point about single-player. Destiny is probably not a game you'd want to wait on because of its nature.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread