Community Game Night - Halo: Reach - Wednesday @ ~10 PM EST (Destiny)

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 01:14 (3575 days ago)
edited by UnrealCh13f, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 01:50

Hey guys!

Man, do we have an epic night on our hands just before the Destiny Beta kicks off. After Kermit's Co-op Night on Halo 3, hop right on over to Bungie's 'Swan Song' to the Halo series!

Got lots planned, including:

• Killing Spartans (or Elites!)
  • Capturing Objectives
  • Holding balls
  • Getting stuck in the face
  • Explosions. Lots of explosions.

Invasion? Slayer? GRIFBALL? Extra long battles on Hemorrhage?! Who knows?

Sold! How do I sign up?

If you answered the call earlier, you're good to go! If not, reply here or message UnrealCh13f during game time and I'll get you right in.

How long are we going?

We can go as long as we have the amount of people in the lobby to sustain it. I realize that the PlayStation Destiny Beta will start 2 hours after the start of tonight, and you are definitely free to leave if you happen to have the Beta downloaded and ready to go!

I hope that you can make it! This is going to be one action packed night! :D

P.S: Did I mention that Kermit is hosting a Co-op night right before CGN? Why not head over to his post and sign up!

Count me in!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 06:29 (3574 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

(XBL Gamertag: Speedracer513)

Community Game Night - Halo: Reach - Wednesday @ ~10 PM EST

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 22:15 (3574 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Is it matchmaking or customs?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 22:58 (3574 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Is it matchmaking or customs?

or both?

Primarily Matchmaking, but will use some Customs.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Tuesday, July 15, 2014, 23:18 (3574 days ago) @ General Vagueness

- No text -

I might show up. Depends on what I'm doing tonight.

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 13:38 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

It's been too long!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 08:58 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Count me in!

by squidnh3, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 13:13 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I'm in.

UPDATE: CGN will commence immediately after Co-op Night.

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 18:10 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

- No text -

Ugh.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 18:42 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

I guess I won't be there. I'll see a lot of you in the beta, have fun tonight!

Good game everyone!

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 23:09 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Especially with our ~100 minute game of Epic CTF.

You guys are awesome for sticking it out!

Great fun indeed!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 23:20 (3573 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Especially with our ~100 minute game of Epic CTF.

You guys are awesome for sticking it out!

Glad i stayed along for the whole ride, especially because the last 20 minutes or so of that EPIC CTF game were especially epic.

Good game everyone!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 05:52 (3572 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

But who won?!

My internet decided to cut out on me right as I was invading the base and facing down the barrel of General Campbaseness' shotgun.

Good game everyone!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 06:04 (3572 days ago) @ JDQuackers

But who won?!

My internet decided to cut out on me right as I was invading the base and facing down the barrel of General Campbaseness' shotgun.

My team. I can't remember who all was on each team, but just for example, Znite and Gnrl were on my team, and those sniping jerks Snipe316 and Squid were on the stupid loser team. :-P

Good game everyone!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:38 (3572 days ago) @ Speedracer513

But who won?!

My team. I can't remember who all was on each team, but just for example, Znite and Gnrl were on my team, and those sniping jerks Snipe316 and Squid were on the stupid loser team. :-P

You must be confused! I also forgot that Waypoint has Reach stats! [The game in question]

I was on YOUR team, and Gnrl was on the other team (he shottied me so hard in the blue base that my internet connection went down). It looks like someone else joined the Red team after I rage-ISP-quit.

congrats on the win!

Red team FTW!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:41 (3572 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Sorry to miss out the last half-hour, though, guys...

I truly hate my ISP...

Good game everyone!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:49 (3572 days ago) @ JDQuackers

But who won?!

You must be confused! I also forgot that Waypoint has Reach stats! [The game in question]

I was on YOUR team, and Gnrl was on the other team (he shottied me so hard in the blue base that my internet connection went down). It looks like someone else joined the Red team after I rage-ISP-quit.

congrats on the win!

You're right; I must have been confusing Unreal and General in my head just now. Once we lost you, we were all (Znite especially) yelling at each other to check our friends lists and see if there was anyone we could recruit to jump in!

I'm pretty embarrassed by my stats, but I feel like I played some pretty good defense for most of that match.

Good game everyone!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 13:04 (3572 days ago) @ JDQuackers

But who won?!

I wanted to be out and about more, but Snipe and maybe one or two other people kept saying I should guard the flag, and I couldn't argue with the results. I actually should've been more, well, guarded, at one point Znite/Avateur grabbed the flag and I could see he was weak so I opted for a melee to save a shell and that didn't work out, and I think the flag ended up halfway across the map before we got it back; also I got a Ghost in there and stayed in it despite knowing my splatter chances were 50/50 at best and the plasma guns weren't going to do much and the time it takes to dismount could've been enough time to die, but I also didn't expect anyone to come in with a vehicle of their own, that was a good play.

Most Epic Game of Epic CTF

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 07:16 (3572 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

That I've played!

Dispite my awful warthog driving abilities and frag happy defense strategies, we managed to pull it off once we had a one spartan advantage.

Highlights:

• the opening 10 min. of craziness and our quick score
• Znite screaming bloody murder anytime our flag was even remotely in danger
• getting killed by Snipe constantly
• lots of exploding warthogs (with me in most of them)
• when we each had each others flag at our own bases
• trying to return any flag that was out in the open
• the final 15 min with 3 great flag scores

Good game to both teams and I apologize to both Wilshire and Znite for getting them killed because of my driving! ;)

What was the final time count?

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 07:49 (3572 days ago) @ breitzen

I love epic ctf, my sleep schedule does not. I didn't even realize I played like 3 or so games of Knockin Zombs afterwards, I was still burnt out from all that flag action.

1:39:02

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 15:53 (3572 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

- No text -

by squidnh3, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 08:34 (3572 days ago) @ breitzen

• the final 15 min with 3 great flag scores

I still can't believe we didn't score that second flag we got through the teleporter. We got it through, I grabbed our newly spawned sniper, teleported and ran to the cliff so I would have a good angle. I then proceeded to kill your entire team which was crouching on the flag. Then, we failed to pick it up, because there were so many weapons littered over the area. Could have been 2-2 at that point.

I was also impressed with the quick response to me blocking our own teleporter with the ghost on the final cap. Didn't somebody just ram it with a warthog or something?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 08:48 (3572 days ago) @ squidnh3

I was also impressed with the quick response to me blocking our own teleporter with the ghost on the final cap. Didn't somebody just ram it with a warthog or something?

Yep. I was on my way there to pick up the flag carrier when I saw you drop the ghost on it. Znite started freaking out (as usual) and I rammed the warthog into the ghost, opening up our path to victory!

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 18:18 (3572 days ago) @ breitzen

In my defense, the one time, just one time, I decided to myself that "my team has it covered", that flag was taken well and gone, and some people didn't even know it was taken. And they scored. They totally didn't score again! :P

Correction!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:42 (3571 days ago) @ breitzen

Upon further investigation it was Wilshire that was driving (I was gunning) the adrenaline was flowing so it probably just felt like I was driving! lol

Credit where credit is due!

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 08:58 (3572 days ago) @ squidnh3

I was even more surprised that I didn't die atop your base before the teleporter was cleared.

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 18:19 (3572 days ago) @ uberfoop

I just learned this very second who you were in that game. You were my hero, keeping them busy at their base constantly getting that flag. Thanks a ton for that. :D

It was strategy! It was an e-grab!

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 18:36 (3572 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:43 (3572 days ago) @ breitzen

• getting killed by Snipe constantly

There was a point there where I was just playing "Catch that pigeon" meta-game with SNIPE. Like, "what is a flag? I have to kill a dude!"

IMPORTANT

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 08:32 (3572 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

What you all played was not Epic CTF. It was a counterfeit version. Key differences:

• Hosted by UnrealChief instead of Schooly D
  • No NartFOpc
  • No Schooly
  • Only lasted an hour and a half

Instead of Epic CTF, you all played UnrealChief's Discount Brand Longer-than-average CTF Game. And please remember that "Epic CTF" is a registered trademark of TSD Industries, Inc.

No touch-return either

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:42 (3572 days ago) @ Schooly D

But then, it would have never ended.

IMPORTANT

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 18:22 (3572 days ago) @ Schooly D

What you all played was not Epic CTF. It was a counterfeit version. Key differences:

• Hosted by UnrealChief instead of Schooly D

It's not his fault that you never play it/host it/dream it/live it anymore.

[*]No NartFOpc
[*]No Schooly

It's okay, Snipe played both of your roles, so I'm counting it.

[*]Only lasted an hour and a half

It's not my fault that we weren't against a team purposely and unfairly stacked with both you and Nart together.

[/list]

Instead of Epic CTF, you all played UnrealChief's Discount Brand Longer-than-average CTF Game. And please remember that "Epic CTF" is a registered trademark of TSD Industries, Inc.

Unreal's still part of TSD. By the transitive property, we played Epic CTF.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread