[Userstyle] DBO Forum Retro v 0.2

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Friday, February 22, 2013, 06:29 (4089 days ago)

Now includes threaded modes - in fact, even goes as far as to render them identically to individual posts in list mode!

[image][image]

Go to Userstyles.org for full(er) changelog and to update.

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:24 (4089 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

Could you change all instances of "Claude Errera" to "Louis Wu"?

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:28 (4088 days ago) @ Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316)

That would require a userscript (i.e. Javascript.) I can throw it in as an easter-egg option when I write my DBO userscripts (ETA a couple weeks).

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 17:22 (4088 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

Cool. Definitely need that.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 10:58 (4088 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

Congratulations, you got me to install a new plugin. I think I'll look at your HBO thing and what other people have come up with and then work out which combination of stuff I want-- hopefully it's not too time-consuming.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 14:06 (4088 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

OK after looking at the different styles yours is the closest to what I'd like, but after looking at the scripting for this and one of the other ones, looking at the HTML and CSS with Chrome's handy console thing, and taking a course in web design (last fall), I still only understand about half of what I'm looking at and hardly know how to tweak any of it. :/ thanks though

by Arithmomaniac ⌂ @, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 15:24 (4088 days ago) @ General Vagueness

but after looking at the scripting for this and one of the other ones, looking at the HTML and CSS with Chrome's handy console thing, and taking a course in web design (last fall), I still only understand about half of what I'm looking at and hardly know how to tweak any of it. :/

I know, it's very ugly. I'm a serious CSS amateur, and the current implementation is very sloppy. But now that I know what I want to achieve, I hope to use fewer rules in the next release.

What would you like to tweak? Perhaps I can help.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 17:30 (4088 days ago) @ Arithmomaniac

I know, it's very ugly. I'm a serious CSS amateur, and the current implementation is very sloppy. But now that I know what I want to achieve, I hope to use fewer rules in the next release.

I didn't mean that, I just didn't get what a lot of the stuff in the user styles or in the site's HTML or CSS were supposed to do and one didn't help me understand the others that much. I have a feeling it has to do with things CSS does without being explicit about it.

What would you like to tweak? Perhaps I can help.

That would be really nice. What I think would be great is what you came up with but with the lines for post relation, line-marked quotes (I know you're working on something like that), and removed red arrow like DBO Compacted Hierarchical has, plus the titles being just a tiny bit smaller than they are in your style.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 14:22 (4087 days ago) @ General Vagueness

oh, and I was going to ask as a general forum thing about making the little icons next to threads (particularly "open whole thread") bigger, but a text link might be just as good or better and might be easy for something like this

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread