7 minutes left. (Fan Creations)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:51 (3580 days ago)

Distance.

Clouds in the Distance.

They roll with thunderous anticipation.

They beckon the coming of the storm.

They whisper the winds may be quiet so that the distance may have its tune.

The song is a feeling that soon there will be a flood, and action must be met.

We call it the silence before the storm.

-INSANEdrive
--------------------------------------------

;) See you Starside DBO. Look forward to playing on the 23rd.

3 minutes left

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 09:57 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's coming...

It's. Here

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:00 (3580 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

It's. Here

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:04 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Only 5.6gb for the PS3... Beta here in less than an hour... :)

Assuming PSN can handle the load ;-)

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:11 (3580 days ago) @ Doooskey

- No text -

Assuming PSN can handle the load ;-)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 12:54 (3580 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

I started playing right around 11:15 PST, but I am also playing on the PS3. Less crowded I think than the PS4 side of things.

Oh no, b.net is down!

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:00 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Now it truly begins...

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:01 (3580 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

That wasn't thunder. ._.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:01 (3580 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

- No text -

That wasn't thunder. ._.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:05 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

That was a pretty painless transition I'd say.

Got the beta downloading in 2 minutes.

It's actually thundering here...

by rhubarb, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:53 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Oh no, b.net is down!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:07 (3580 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by Cody Miller, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:10

Have they learned nothing from the Sim City and Diablo 3 launches?

Everybody should have been able to preload and spread the strain. Period.

Anyway, downloading, but PSN is buckling.

That's what a Beta is for ;)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:11 (3580 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Dang that was fast.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:12 (3580 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wooooooooo join me friends!

Oh no, b.net is down!

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:13 (3580 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Have they learned nothing from the Sim City and Diablo 3 launches?

Everybody should have been able to preload. Period.

Anyway, downloading, but PSN is buckling.

I rarely agree with you, but THIS.

I am not looking forward to spending a huge portion of my first day downloading a huge file, alongside a ton of other people, on Microsoft's pathetically slow Xbox Live.

On my PC? Couple gb is no problem. Done in an hour or two.
On Xbox Live? May as well just let it run overnight, when the waiting won't be an irritation.

Oh no, b.net is down!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:15 (3580 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Heavy Traffic? No shit Sherlock

by scarab @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:47 (3580 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Nobody but nobody should be telling us that they are experiencing heavy traffic.

Let people preload from 24hrs in advance, and don't email us a code that lets us ask for a code and then have the place were we ask buckle under the strain.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:51 (3580 days ago) @ scarab

Nobody but nobody should be telling us that they are experiencing heavy traffic.

Let people preload from 24hrs in advance, and don't email us a code that lets us ask for a code and then have the place were we ask buckle under the strain.

While there are many professionals doing their jobs in support of this, and I'm sure they're probably more upset than you that anyone is experiencing these issues; let us not forget that almost nobody on the user end has slapped down heavy cash for this basically free experience that's being provided.

So give it a second to get back from space.

~m

by scarab @, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 11:19 (3580 days ago) @ Malagate

I suspect that they aren't upset - they probably want this sort of heavy load on their systems. You can't say this was unexpected or that this sort of things hasn't happened before.

But if Bungie wants to see how things: stand up, buckle, or break in these initial hours then that is their prerogative.

It's just annoying to be told that they are suffering from heavy traffic. Still, what could they say? They are fighting of an infestation of mutant Mogwai?

I'm guessing it's the Vex

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 17, 2014, 11:24 (3580 days ago) @ scarab

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread