Not a dancing thread... (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:20 (3572 days ago)

So we've let some of the wet blankets complain about dancing. Now it's my turn to complain about my pet peeve: people running in the Tower.

Running in combat is smart and effective. Running to get to an objective in the wild makes sense. But when you're in the Tower, it's time to chill and maybe strut a little.

Last night I found a quiet spot, sat down, and people watched. Everybody was running everywhere. Nobody walked. It was a big scramble of people from vendor to vendor. I wanted to yell "Hey you kids, walk in the Tower! And wipe your feet before you come in." Everybody was in such a hurry.

So I hopped down from my seat and slow walked across the plaza. Then I started noticing something. People running by me slowed down. Some walked along with me. A group of dancers that had been ignoring the runners turned to greet me. I drew attention. I suddenly was the cool guy in the Tower. At one point I slowed down to an ultra slow walk and I was so cool that the ground started freezing around my feet. As long as I kept it slow I was the Guardian everyone else wanted to be.

Let's all set an example and show those kids how to strut. There'll be plenty of time to run when you've got a Devil Walker setting his sights on you. When you're in the Tower, play it cool.

Not a dancing thread...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:22 (3572 days ago) @ bluerunner

So we've let some of the wet blankets complain about dancing. Now it's my turn to complain about my pet peeve: people running in the Tower.

If they wanted people to walk, they should have built a smaller tower.

Heh. Or put in a pool.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:24 (3572 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Slow walking thread

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, July 18, 2014, 12:31 (3572 days ago) @ bluerunner

I read that and in my head I was like "curmudgeon-curmudgeon-curmudgeon-curmudgeon-curmudgeon- oh; hmm that's interesting"
people will run, just as people will dance, and getting mad is just not worth it, but if this works, sure, you can slow walk if you want to, let your friends leave you behind, 'cause they don't walk if they don't walk then they're no friends of thine

Slow walking thread

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, July 18, 2014, 14:18 (3572 days ago) @ General Vagueness

Destiny is going to inadvertently cause a Men Without Hats revival.

Not a dancing thread...

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:21 (3572 days ago) @ bluerunner

Ugh, I can't wait. I'm going to slow walk so hard

Not a dancing thread...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:27 (3572 days ago) @ bluerunner

Running in combat is smart and effective. Running to get to an objective in the wild makes sense. But when you're in the Tower, it's time to chill and maybe strut a little.

Are you nuts?! That's the worst part. When I'm in the tower it's because I want to identify my engrams, equip the new ones, then get back out quickly. I run because I want the busy work over as fast as possible.

If we could shop from orbit, and identify engrams by holding square in the field, then the tower could be for just chilling and advancing story segments, or maybe finding a few secrets.

Not a dancing thread...

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:29 (3572 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Are you nuts?! That's the worst part. When I'm in the tower it's because I want to identify my engrams, equip the new ones, then get back out quickly. I run because I want the busy work over as fast as possible.

If we could shop from orbit, and identify engrams by holding square in the field, then the tower could be for just chilling and advancing story segments, or maybe finding a few secrets.

They should have had all the useful tower NPCs standing in a circle right at the front of the docking area.

Dancing.

+1

by petetheduck, Friday, July 18, 2014, 15:51 (3572 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread