Bungie Weekly Update - 07/18/2014 (Destiny)

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, July 18, 2014, 17:46 (3572 days ago)

Read it here!

"When the time comes, new doors will open in the Tower".

Oh my.

2 hours?!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Friday, July 18, 2014, 18:07 (3572 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

The Iron Banner playlist will be open for 2 hours. This is going to sculpt my tomorrow considerably.

Look on the bright side...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:22 (3572 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Two more hours than Xbox players get. I'm surprised there hasn't been any vitriol for this, but maybe it just hasn't clicked in people's heads...

Sucks that I might miss out as well. I'll try to be there, though.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:25 (3572 days ago) @ Korny

Two more hours than Xbox players get. I'm surprised there hasn't been any vitriol for this, but maybe it just hasn't clicked in people's heads...

Sucks that I might miss out as well. I'll try to be there, though.

No. I thought of it. At this point would saying anything bring any effect? Besides, its not what we do know - its what we don't.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:40 (3572 days ago) @ Korny

I just figured they'd do something similar near the end of the week.

by petetheduck, Friday, July 18, 2014, 20:05 (3572 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I just figured they'd do something similar near the end of the week.

Considering the special all platform Beta event is the same time on the same day of the week as this Playstation-only Iron Banner, I'm kind've suspecting that that is what it is--another 2 hours of Iron Banner, but for all four platforms. Kind've odd to only test the playlist for such a short time.

Eh, I'm all cried out.

by yakaman, Friday, July 18, 2014, 20:38 (3572 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Eh, I'm all cried out.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 11:27 (3571 days ago) @ yakaman

Relevant.

Featuring Claude Errera!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 18, 2014, 18:08 (3572 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Not only was the maestro in the update - but asked the question I have been itching to have included. Thanks!

Featuring Claude Errera!

by Yapok @, Friday, July 18, 2014, 20:15 (3572 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

"As a player of Destiny, you have a Bungie account that’s bound to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, instead of a specific generation of device.”

Does this mean I need another bungie account to play xbox with destiny if I started with PSN?

Featuring Claude Errera!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:19 (3572 days ago) @ Yapok

Considering you can link both an Xbox and a Playstation account to your Bungie profile, I would say no.

Featuring Claude Errera!

by Achronos, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:27 (3572 days ago) @ Yapok

Does this mean I need another bungie account to play xbox with destiny if I started with PSN?

No. Bungie.net can easily link both your XBL and PSN accounts. And your Facebook account. And your Google account. You'll find it on your account's settings page on bungie.net.

Featuring Claude Errera!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:46 (3572 days ago) @ Yapok

The way I understand it no. But you can't pull your character across Xbox/PS... So you'd have unique characters for both?

Featuring Claude Errera!

by Yapok @, Friday, July 18, 2014, 21:51 (3572 days ago) @ breitzen

Question is how do you switch on bnet. Havnt seen an interface for that yet.

Handsome and permanent rewards?

by Avateur @, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:03 (3572 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

L3g10NsL3gACy: "Will anything in the Beta change after the two days of maintenance or the dates of the Beta after the 22nd?"

Yes - especially on the 26th. You want to be there for that day. Report for Beta testing duty at 2PM Pacific. Your rewards will be handsome and permanent.

As in, permanent beyond the Beta to launch? Sounds really awesome if that's what they're implying.

Handsome and permanent rewards?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:05 (3572 days ago) @ Avateur

L3g10NsL3gACy: "Will anything in the Beta change after the two days of maintenance or the dates of the Beta after the 22nd?"

Yes - especially on the 26th. You want to be there for that day. Report for Beta testing duty at 2PM Pacific. Your rewards will be handsome and permanent.

As in, permanent beyond the Beta to launch? Sounds really awesome if that's what they're implying.

Hopefully the time is more a start point then appointment.

Aww, I'll be at work :(

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 18, 2014, 19:30 (3572 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Working 9-5 Saturdays...not fun.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 02:52 (3572 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Oh well, I guess.

Is this going to be like...a regular thing? All the cool Destiny shit happens at 2pm on Saturdays? I hope at least whatever's going down on the 26th lasts for longer than two hours so I can join up after work. :[

Bungie Weekly Update - 07/18/2014

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 06:26 (3571 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

"When the time comes, new doors will open in the Tower".

I had a feeling about this. I noticed during the Alpha that there are other areas in the Tower that haven't been opened up for access yet.

Dang. 360 Only AND the In-Laws are visiting...bummer.

by minasodaboy ⌂ @, Madison, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 06:19 (3570 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva

Hmm. After 2 years+ of anticipation, it looks like I'm not going to get much beta time or rewards with both the xbox delay and the in laws coming to visit Friday - Sunday!

Oh well. Have fun everyone!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread