If you don't read the front page, CUTSCENES! (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 09:10 (3571 days ago)

Beta Cutscene Library is up. Up to 1080p, 7.1 surround sound. Recorded on the PS4 of course.

http://destiny.bungie.org/galleries/betacutscenes/

Good Man!

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Saturday, July 19, 2014, 12:42 (3571 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

If you don't read the front page, CUTSCENES!

by yakaman, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 08:53 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by yakaman, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 08:58

Beta Cutscene Library is up. Up to 1080p, 7.1 surround sound. Recorded on the PS4 of course.

http://destiny.bungie.org/galleries/betacutscenes/

Pretty cool. I love the Speaker's scene - tantalizing.

Also, you are correct - your Guardian looks like grumpy cat. I did not see it in the stills you posted, but in action...oh yeah.

Whoops, forgot a couple of observations...

1. A guardian's pre-ressurection history will be fertile ground for fan fiction

2. It never occurred to me before that the Traveller may have been running, hiding on Mars. It never occurred to me that the Traveller may have been defeated before creating the ghosts. Makes it more interesting, IMO.

3. The ghost scans skeletons, leading me to believe that we are resurrected straight from bones. That's pretty interesting.

Does one get a different resurrection intro based on race (i.e. Exo, Human, Awoken)? I'm guessing your character is...Awoken?

by Deafhawk36 ⌂ @, Spokane, WA, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 14:43 (3570 days ago) @ yakaman

Yeah I was trying to understand this earlier, it looks like the ghosts do resurrect us from the soil from the perspective given in the intro video. So is the purpose of the ghosts to set out and resurrect guardians? and what are the guardians if they didn't resurrect the skeleton in the intro?

by RC ⌂, UK, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 14:47 (3570 days ago) @ Deafhawk36

Yeah I was trying to understand this earlier, it looks like the ghosts do resurrect us from the soil from the perspective given in the intro video. So is the purpose of the ghosts to set out and resurrect guardians? and what are the guardians if they didn't resurrect the skeleton in the intro?

The Ghosts resurrect them from the location of their eternal 'souls.'

Mythic Science Fiction.

by Deafhawk36 ⌂ @, Spokane, WA, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 15:40 (3570 days ago) @ RC

Was this explained somewhere? I haven't really been excited for destiny til I finally got to play it yesterday :D so I haven't been really following post's or lore.

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 21, 2014, 09:16 (3569 days ago) @ Deafhawk36

Was this explained somewhere? I haven't really been excited for destiny til I finally got to play it yesterday :D so I haven't been really following post's or lore.

Well this is what I've surmised from the cutscenes, the Grimoire cards and what Bungie has said about the game in the past. Some things just 'are' in the world and they don't try and explain them (at least not so far, and hopefully never) - "The Traveler's Light" just is. Like 'The Force' was in Star Wars pre-midichlorians.

So, humans have some sort of eternal 'soul' separate from their body - which is how the Guardians can come back initially and again each time they die. But that resurrection isn't free or easy to accomplish. Therefore only some dead humans come back as Guardians. Some Guardians do die permanently as well (again) - as evidenced by the dead Ghosts lying around and the incomplete Guardian missions you pick up during the Story. Souls are probably what separates the Exo from other robots we see in the Tower, I bet.

Fallen seem to have 'souls' in some sense as well: you can see them 'screaming out of their bodies' when you score a headshot (to use Bungie's description). Your commander on the Devil's Lair Strike mentions that you should 'send their souls screaming back to hell.' Literally or figuratively I don't know, but the idea of a soul certainly has great currency in the world of Destiny.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread