Beta is live on ALL platforms right now (Destiny)

by thesirchelios ⌂ @, Sweden, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:34 (3572 days ago)

Yay!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 15:42 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

Gonna break embargo early since they're coming back early. Been playing early access on the 360 since last Tuesday. Thanks to the super nice guy at Bungie who dropped a code for me out of nowhere. Hopefully now I won't have a ridiculous wait to get in a crucible match.

Here's a question I've been wanting to ask: Does anybody else have problems with the weapons not showing up in the menu sometimes? I'll want to swap weapons but nothing shows up. I have to exit the menu, wait, then go back and try again. I haven't seen any PS3 players complain, so I've been wondering if it was a 360 thing.

Speaking of PS3, the 360 graphics do look a lot better. Not as good as XB1 or PS4, but still pretty good.

Yay!

by rowboat, Birmingham, AL, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:15 (3572 days ago) @ bluerunner

On the PS3, they would often be delayed a few seconds in showing up. I never saw them just not show up.

Downloading the 360 version now, so we'll see how it goes.

^ what he said

by Decom @, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:15 (3572 days ago) @ rowboat

- No text -

The installing screen is cool.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:15 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

Playstation had nothing, or at least I never saw it.

The installing screen is cool.

by urk, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:49 (3572 days ago) @ Kermit

It does, but you have to launch the game prior to the download/install process completing.

Now that the beta is live for everyone...

by Zero @, Florida, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:17 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

It seems we have a Bnet group that is in need of being turned into a clan.

Now that the beta is live for everyone...

by Yapok @, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:56 (3572 days ago) @ Zero

ot an alliance

Anyone else getting the centipede error forever?

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:22 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

- No text -

Anyone else getting the centipede error forever?

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:35 (3572 days ago) @ Malagate

Report it. Was supposed to be fixed.

Kudos to the Bingle beta bug team.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 17:02 (3571 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

...Which I'm sure could be considered to be all of Bungie, but still.

Problem isn't fixed yet, still the centipede error for days, but I've done every conceivable thing on my end, except actually deleting the save data associated with the beta. I've removed the beta completely and reinstalled as the most recent step; after having done all manner of monkeying with network settings and running the recommended tests.

They informed me they're tracking an issue with corrupted accounts, which would seem to jive with the issues I'm having with the companion app, so I'm waiting for a word back on that. But overall they've been pretty darn responsive, so I can't really complain, aside from the fact that I'd like to join everyone else and put some pain to the bad guys and I can't.

Here's hoping they get me sorted and I'm able to get back on soonish.

~m

Beta is live on ALL platforms right now

by DreadPirateWes, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 16:52 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

wahoo!

AWWWW, YEEAAAHHH.

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 20:12 (3572 days ago) @ thesirchelios

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread