Bungie Mailsack - 2/22/13

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Friday, February 22, 2013, 16:30 (4088 days ago)

http://www.bungie.net/7_New-Beginnings/en-us/News/News?aid=10308

Topics at hand:

• What is Destiny?
  • What the hell were the 4 Bungie dudes doing on stage Wednesday?!
  • lolHarlemShake
  • The Future of the Weekly Update
  • The Future of the Bungie Podcast
  • Destiny pre-order incentives
  • Differences between current and next-gen versions of Destiny
  • Destiny on PS response
  • The mobile version site is awesome!
  • Regretfulness (or lack thereof) of partnering with Activision
  • DeeJ and secret stuff
  • Bungie's reaction of Destiny unveil
  • Release dates
  • Your wife's reaction
  • Jerome and fans giving high fives
  • Paul McCartney's contribution to Destiny

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 22, 2013, 16:50 (4088 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, February 22, 2013, 16:54

Lots of good directish answers to the big things of the week.

Also was that confirmation that the Fallen may in fact be reanimated in some manner?! High five to whoever called that recently.

Oh, also, love DeeJ in his Bungie Community Theater outfit up front! Haha!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, February 22, 2013, 17:04 (4088 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

"It’s heart-warming to see old, familiar friends once again dreaming and speculating about what might be in a brand new world. It’s great to see new voices join the party - people eager to see what all the fuss is about. We’re going to do our absolute best to live up to your lofty expectations."

Awesome quote! This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :) And this one:

"We’ll show you how incredible it feels to see a Fallen Captain’s ethereal soul rip from its body after you’ve dusted his crew with your Gravesend Mk. 28 Heavy Machinegun, shattered his absorption shield with a perfectly-placed pulse grenade, and delivered a final, thundering shot with your beloved hand cannon. We’ll show you how satisfying it is to tactically carve through the suppressing fire of a fortified Cabal war base with your fireteam, gouts of oil, geysers of steam, and shimmering loot punctuating your victory as you go."

My heart rate went up just reading that, and re-reading it...and my excitement continues to build!

by GauntMkII, Friday, February 22, 2013, 17:20 (4088 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

If I walked into the Bungie office today, could I get a high five?
Sure thing! But it would be delivered by Jerome, who often mistakes people’s faces for their upheld hand.

Hah! Good old jerome :P. This made me laugh, as did the mass blazer-ing at the end there.

That was almost a weekly update!

by katancik ⌂ @, Portland, OR/ University of Texas, Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:36 (4088 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

At the beginning there I almost thought they were back. Glad we'll be seeing them soon!

They are such teases

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:50 (4088 days ago) @ katancik

We’ll water all the little seeds we hope are tumbling around in your brain now that we’ve begun to pull back the curtain, ever so gently. We’ll tell you about Earth and the City and the Tower and the Guardians sworn to protect it. We’ll tell you about our new frontier and the enemies scouring the bones of our long-forgotten worlds. We’ll show you how incredible it feels to see a Fallen Captain’s ethereal soul rip from its body after you’ve dusted his crew with your Gravesend Mk. 28 Heavy Machinegun, shattered his absorption shield with a perfectly-placed pulse grenade, and delivered a final, thundering shot with your beloved hand cannon. We’ll show you how satisfying it is to tactically carve through the suppressing fire of a fortified Cabal war base with your fireteam, gouts of oil, geysers of steam, and shimmering loot punctuating your victory as you go.

If I didn't love them so much I'd hate them for teasing me so much.

They are such teases

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:06 (4088 days ago) @ Xenos

It was awesome. That one paragraph had the same amount of juicy content as 5 or 6 weekly updates of old. They named a gun, a grenade, an enemy, a place and gave "descriptions" of most of them!

I'm still happy.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:10 (4088 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm still excited by the information, but man it just makes me salivate more.

Yep!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:15 (4088 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Is that... BOLL?!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 22, 2013, 18:41 (4088 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

[image]

lolz

You circled 9 people there, ZackDark. *NM*

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:02 (4088 days ago) @ ZackDark

Who taught you how to draw circles?! I hope they're embarrassed ;-)

In my defense...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 22, 2013, 19:10 (4088 days ago) @ JDQuackers

two of them look like BOLL and one like a chubby BOLL.

Also, shame on you for not knowing which one I meant.

Also, I'm going to tell Miss Rosie you said mean things about her!

They are all BOLL.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:54 (4088 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Part of Bungie's world domination plan: cloning

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:57 (4088 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

Correction: cloning *BOLL*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 23, 2013, 11:25 (4088 days ago) @ Xenos

Genius!

Lolol, no, sorry.

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Sunday, February 24, 2013, 16:02 (4086 days ago) @ ZackDark

Sadly I don't work for Bingle. I have an old classmate that supposedly does though, according to LinkedIn. Haven't found him in the picture yet, but then I haven't looked very closely. Haven't spoken to him for what... 8 years!

Lolol, no, sorry.

by urk, Monday, February 25, 2013, 11:46 (4086 days ago) @ BOLL

What's his last name?

Lolol, no, sorry.

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:45 (4085 days ago) @ urk

Thiger.

Lolol, no, sorry.

by urk, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 14:55 (4085 days ago) @ BOLL

I will shop him in momentarily.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread