So about moon wizards. (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 08:46 (3573 days ago)

Is the dialogue in the final game going to be groovey? Is Bungie prepared to go all the way?

Or is Destiny's writing going to be some kind of lowest-common-denominator moonwizardless shlapskie, sacrificing its integrity and delicious artificial flavouring for the sake of perceived mass market polish?

So about moon wizards.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 12:11 (3573 days ago) @ uberfoop

Is the dialogue in the final game going to be groovey? Is Bungie prepared to go all the way?

Or is Destiny's writing going to be some kind of lowest-common-denominator moonwizardless shlapskie, sacrificing its integrity and delicious artificial flavouring for the sake of perceived mass market polish?

The dialogue in the Alpha reeked of Joe Staten's amateur writing... That said, it did have a sort of hokey charm, and the absence of the horrible lines ("Oh no, it's the Hive!") is noticeable, replaced with some generic lines... I dunno, it's a fine line between being charming and being korny, and it seems that due to the overreaction in the Alpha, Bungie may have gone back and reviewed a lot of what they had done.

What would you prefer in the long run? Bad lines that become bad memes ("Ramirez! Defend Burger Town!"), or generic dudebro lines forgotten as quickly as they were heard? ("Nuclear missile bombs. Counting on you!")

So about moon wizards.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 12:18 (3573 days ago) @ Korny

I dunno, it's a fine line between being charming and being korny,

First time I've seen "charming" and "korny" in the same sentence. :p

What would you prefer in the long run? Bad lines that become bad memes ("Ramirez! Defend Burger Town!"), or generic dudebro lines forgotten as quickly as they were heard? ("Nuclear missile bombs. Counting on you!")

Public Event Joined: Defend Burger Town
Make it happen, Bungie.

So about moon wizards.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, July 23, 2014, 16:00 (3573 days ago) @ Korny

The dialogue in the Alpha reeked of Joe Staten's amateur writing... That said, it did have a sort of hokey charm, and the absence of the horrible lines ("Oh no, it's the Hive!") is noticeable, replaced with some generic lines... I dunno, it's a fine line between being charming and being korny, and it seems that due to the overreaction in the Alpha, Bungie may have gone back and reviewed a lot of what they had done.

I'd prefer good writing; failing that I'd prefer lines that are unusual but not exactly bad; failing both of those, I'd prefer the meme-ish bad lines you mentioned-- not lines based on memes, never that, but meme-worthy bad lines.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread