Anyone having trouble viewing their Guardian in app? (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 00:43 (3572 days ago)

I have been led to believe that if you tap the silhouette in the Legend, you can get a full render of your current Guardian. For me, nothing happens. Can't see it on Bungie.net either.

It may be a setting in iOS

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 00:48 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

People were posting about how if you're not on Wifi with older phones that you may have to change a setting to download the 3d models anyways.

And I haven't seen the models on Bungie.net yet, nor has anyone mentioned seeing them either as far as I know.

Yep - I'm having issues

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 03:29 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah I'm having the same problem; my guardian model just shows up as a black 3D model with no textures, same with the guns.

I'm on Samsung Galaxy S3 and using WiFi. I also already tried reinstalling the app.

Anyone having trouble viewing their Guardian in app?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 03:43 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

Only sorta relevant, but Im having the same problem on Bnet proper.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 03:50 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

I have an iPhone 4 and all I've ever seen are silhouettes. From the screenshots I've seen, I actually have a different version of the app than people who can see their models. Guessing it's because I have an older phone that can't handle the version that displays them.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 04:06 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

It was working great for me (Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4) up until I auto-updated to the version of the app released yesterday. Now I just get the silhouette.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:13 (3572 days ago) @ JDQuackers

It was working great for me (Nexus 5, Android 4.4.4) up until I auto-updated to the version of the app released yesterday. Now I just get the silhouette.

I went from a 3D model to a silhouette on an iPhone 5 after an update - deleting the cache (App Settings -> Delete Cache) fixed it.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:21 (3572 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I went from a 3D model to a silhouette on an iPhone 5 after an update - deleting the cache (App Settings -> Delete Cache) fixed it.

I've gone from originally working to not working. I saw where you had deleted the cache and that fixed it for you. So, I deleted my cache but it still doesn't work. Gee willikers!

- CC

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 11:28 (3572 days ago) @ CaneCutter

Hah-it's working for me now. I did NOT delete cache yet (but was going to try it when I saw the model successfully load).

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 05:55 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

I've only seen my guardians on my iPad. Never in my phone or computer browser.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:32 (3572 days ago) @ Kermit

No app experience for me (as I'm running Windows Phone 7.5 *sigh*) but I can't get my Guardian to display as anything but a silhouette on bungie.net either.

(And are most grimoire cards supposed to be blank? Some show text or "redacted" for me, but most have no text or art after you flip them over... some of which look like they might have text that disappears as the card flips.)

-- Steve am such a noob at teh Destiny.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:55 (3572 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

No app experience for me (as I'm running Windows Phone 7.5 *sigh*) but I can't get my Guardian to display as anything but a silhouette on bungie.net either.

(And are most grimoire cards supposed to be blank? Some show text or "redacted" for me, but most have no text or art after you flip them over... some of which look like they might have text that disappears as the card flips.)

Yes, that's the same for me. I think either they're saving them for the full game or are still working on them.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 09:12 (3572 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Some (if not all) of the cards show up before you have unlock them, but they don't show a name or picture until you do unlock them. Then they change to having a picture, or a big X with redacted text on the back.

Thanks!

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 09:43 (3572 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:41 (3572 days ago) @ Kermit

I've only seen my guardians on my iPad. Never in my phone or computer browser.

I wish they'd come out with an official iPad app.

I had that problem until I changed this setting

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 08:40 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

I have been led to believe that if you tap the silhouette in the Legend, you can get a full render of your current Guardian. For me, nothing happens. Can't see it on Bungie.net either.

In the settings turn on "Download 3D over 3G/LTE" and see if it shows up. Mine would not show up before I turned on that setting.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 09:00 (3572 days ago) @ Xenos

In the settings turn on "Download 3D over 3G/LTE" and see if it shows up. Mine would not show up before I turned on that setting.

I'm using my girlfriend's old iPhone 4 (I think). It has no service plan, so everything is on wi-fi. In the phone's Settings section, under the Destiny app, my only option is "Send Usage Statistics".

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 09:20 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

Go to your profile in-app. Select the hamburger menu top-right, you should see App Settings on the list.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 10:31 (3572 days ago) @ DaDerga

Go to your profile in-app. Select the hamburger menu top-right, you should see App Settings on the list.

I had not seen that before, thanks for pointing it out!

... Didn't fix the problem though. :/

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 10:37 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

I had not seen that before, thanks for pointing it out!

... Didn't fix the problem though. :/

Didn't for me either...Curses.

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 12:38 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

Yeah, I think the iPhone 4 is too old-gen to display the models, unfortunately.

I see the shadow in a web browser

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 10:39 (3572 days ago) @ Leviathan

Safari 7.0.5, OS X 10.9.4

Does ANYONE see the model in their browser?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 01:40 (3571 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread