No damage bug (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 17:29 (3569 days ago)

A game ago in the crucible I finished with a 0.25 K/D, because I could not damage anyone except with grenades. Bullets did not work. My shots were connecting, however no numbers came up, and enemy life didn't go down.

D_P_Roberts is my PSN tag if anyone from Bungie is reading and wants to check it out.

No damage bug

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 19:00 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A game ago in the crucible I finished with a 0.25 K/D, because I could not damage anyone except with grenades. Bullets did not work. My shots were connecting, however no numbers came up, and enemy life didn't go down.

D_P_Roberts is my PSN tag if anyone from Bungie is reading and wants to check it out.

Odd - early on in the Beta, I had this problem (over 3 or 4 games). I assumed it had to be my connection, or just that I was finding players way out of my league. It totally didn't occur to me that it was an actual bug. Hmm... I wonder if I wouldn't have played more Crucible games in the past week if I'd realized that? :(

No damage bug

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 00:44 (3569 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Odd - early on in the Beta, I had this problem (over 3 or 4 games). I assumed it had to be my connection, or just that I was finding players way out of my league. It totally didn't occur to me that it was an actual bug. Hmm... I wonder if I wouldn't have played more Crucible games in the past week if I'd realized that? :(

For me, it comes and goes. I also assumed it was a connection problem. It seems to occur more often when I'm playing late at night here (PDT). The other night I was point-blank with another player and just kept landing melee after melee to no effect. It happened on and off throughout the game. It was so frustrating I had to stop playing. At other times, the damage I dealt would suddenly occur after a delay of five seconds or something. That's definitely lag.

No damage bug

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 01:39 (3569 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

For me, it comes and goes. I also assumed it was a connection problem. It seems to occur more often when I'm playing late at night here (PDT). The other night I was point-blank with another player and just kept landing melee after melee to no effect. It happened on and off throughout the game. It was so frustrating I had to stop playing. At other times, the damage I dealt would suddenly occur after a delay of five seconds or something. That's definitely lag.

This definitely happened to me in the Alpha for a few games. Blamed it on LAG and my own ineptitude. Interesting.

No damage bug

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Friday, July 25, 2014, 05:39 (3568 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

The delay in hit and kill registration confused the hell out of me for my first ~ 10 games of crucible. It caused me to absolutely hate it. Since the break in the beta, it has gotten much better and my opinion of crucible is now a positive one. I still have the occasional game where this is happening, but it's WAY better. Glad to know this wasn't just me!

- CC

No HUD or markers

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 21:10 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm watching lil' blue play crucible on my 360 and all the info on the screen has disappeared. No reticle, no friendly markers, no objective markers, nothing. When he hits the back button nothing comes up.

No damage bug

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 23:27 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Had the same issue in one game. Other people seemed to kill everyone fine, but I couldn't. One guy, I slam a grenade down right as he's coming around cover, and he absorbs the full blast. I hit him with my charged melee, which normally kills anyone hit by the grenade, but he keeps on trotting. I then take four shots at him with my scout rifle, and his shields and health are completely intact. He then turns and guns me down with no issue.

I went 3-18 that match... It was a confusing one.

Speaking of bugs...

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 05:33 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

When you do explore missions, where does that Vanguard reputation show up? Because I don't see anywhere where they shows up as being accumulated.

Speaking of bugs...

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Friday, July 25, 2014, 05:38 (3568 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

When you do explore missions, where does that Vanguard reputation show up? Because I don't see anywhere where they shows up as being accumulated.

The only place I've ever seen to track that is by talking to one of the Vanguard in the Hall of Guardians. It's that circle meter in the top left. (And Vanguard rep piles up slowly.)

Speaking of bugs...

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 06:22 (3568 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

Yea, I went to one of them. Still said zero, IIRC, even after doing some explore missions.

Speaking of bugs...

by Yapok @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 07:08 (3568 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I see + 10 vanguard rep when I finish one of the explores on my screen.

Speaking of bugs...

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:13 (3568 days ago) @ Yapok

Yes, as do I, but where is that reflected in a total?

Speaking of bugs...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:16 (3568 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

Hover the cursor over the Vanguard shield on the merchant screen. It should show you a progress bar with very big numbers to the right of the number you do have.

No damage bug

by GrimBrother IV, Friday, July 25, 2014, 07:38 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ran into a -level 9 I think- fallen captain target in a public event, couldn't put a dent in him. Heavys, supers, damage mumbers showing up but no movement in the health/shield bars for five straight minutes of face-bound lead dispensary.

No damage bug

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 25, 2014, 07:59 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't think I've played a matchmaking game where this bug hasn't cropped up. Same with Halo. ;)

No damage bug

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:05 (3568 days ago) @ Kermit

Yeah.... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one ;-D

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread