One thing I've learned from Destiny. (Destiny)

by rhubarb, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:20 (3568 days ago)

The Xbone controller kinda sucks. After spending several days playing Destiny on PS4 and then moving to the Xbox One, I'm having a hard time with it.

One thing I've learned from Destiny.

by Yapok @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:22 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

I like the feel of the DS4 a whole lot. Especially compared to the DS3. Not sure if I like it better than the 360 controller yet. I like it at least as much.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:24 (3568 days ago) @ Yapok

I've not even noiced that I'm using a Sony control, despite the different stick layout. Pretty happy with it overall.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:25 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

The Xbone controller kinda sucks. After spending several days playing Destiny on PS4 and then moving to the Xbox One, I'm having a hard time with it.

Yeah this seems to be a common complaint about the XBox One, but I LOVE the controller, I find it even more comfortable than the 360 controller.

*shrug*

To each their own.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:45 (3568 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I'm also the exact opposite. The sticks and their placement on the controller feel perfect. They also feel easier to do finer movements with.

Additionally the clicky shoulder buttons are really satisfying and the triggers are the best feeling triggers out of the set of controllers I have (PS4, 360, XB1).

One thing that is definitely personal is that the XB1 FITS in my hands better than the DS4 and that leads to much more comfortable long sessions.

Same here

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Friday, July 25, 2014, 11:00 (3568 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, July 25, 2014, 10:42 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

I first played the beta on PS3 with a DS3 and after a little while found myself really enjoying the feel of the controller for a shooter. It wasn't uncomfortable at all. Actually, I grew fond of it. When I switched to Xbox 360, it just kinda felt strange, or at least too familiar. I'm excited to see what it's like on DS4 when I get the real game.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 25, 2014, 13:39 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

I disagree with you therefor you are empirically wrong. Now GROVEL FOR MY FORGIVENESS!

Rumble Triggers + Fusion Rifle = So. Good.

;)

by Jillybean, Friday, July 25, 2014, 13:58 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

I know I'm so disappointed in it after all the hype - the triggers scratch my fingers, the plastic squeaks and malforms when you grip it tightly, and the whole thing feels like I could snap it in half.

If I find myself with any spare money this year I would like a PS4

I keep hoping it goes the way of the Duke

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, July 25, 2014, 15:25 (3568 days ago) @ Jillybean

In which it gets a revised, more 360-esque version later on.

I keep hoping it goes the way of the Duke

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 22:52 (3568 days ago) @ ZackDark

In which it gets a revised, more 360-esque version later on.

This would make me happy. Especially if the revised version has a wider top on the sticks, and they have more resistance. I've demoed both an Xbox One and PS4 for a fairly lengthy period, and every time I walk away the feeling is the same. The PS4 controller is excellent, but the buttons all feel weird, and I'm not a huge fan of the triggers. Meanwhile in Xbox-ville, the sentiment is exactly the opposite. The buttons and triggers are great, it's the sticks that suck.

Why did they make the sticks feel so loose? Is it a sensitivity thing? Did that many people really clamor for more sensitivity? Didn't we have options in the games for that? Couldn't those have been tweaked instead of the controller? And why is the top of the stick so much smaller? I feel like I'm meant to be playing with the tip of my thumb and not the pad, which is far more natural.

Roll on First World Problems

by Joe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) ⌂ @, Detroit, Friday, July 25, 2014, 20:55 (3568 days ago) @ rhubarb

Can't wait until they let us use our Razer Sabertooths on Xbone.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread