Bungie Weekly Update 07/25/2014 (Destiny)

by BeingU, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:05 (3568 days ago)

Bungie Weekly Update 07/25/2014

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:07 (3568 days ago) @ BeingU

We’re even sending you on a new story mission. For this one, you’ll be glad you scrounged that jump drive from the wastes of the Cosmodrome. You don’t need us to tell you where you’re headed. We’ve marked it on the map since the moment when the Beta Build became a secret whispered about by only our friends and family. This new destination will be open to you for two hours.

We're going to the moon, folks!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:10 (3568 days ago) @ BeingU

Who was bitching about the Interceptor? It isn't over powered, you're just wimps who can't bother to stand-off at 100 meters and snipe its driver out of it. Granted there should only be one per map, as the updated suggested, but toned down? Absolutely not. I want to see people to die endlessly to put that thing out of our misery or capture it for ourselves.

Yeah, no, I can't really compete on foot very well. :P

Only 2 hours after all?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:20 (3568 days ago) @ Grizzlei

I got an email that said the special event tomorrow was going from 2-6PDT. But this update specifically says 2 hours only.

Or is it just the emblem we're getting in those additional 2 hours?

I'm not too upset to be missing out on the moon mission because I'll still get to play it come September, but as a hoarder/collector I'm a sucker for stuff like bonus emblems.

Only 2 hours after all?

by Yapok @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 20:18 (3568 days ago) @ someotherguy

Ill be missing it then due to a wedding. Someone record it for me please :P

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, July 25, 2014, 18:07 (3568 days ago) @ Grizzlei

When your weakness is "dies to one-hit-kills" its not much of a weakness.

Here's the problem with one Interceptor

by Avateur @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:16 (3568 days ago) @ BeingU

When there are two, at least the two usually end up fighting each other close to the start of the game or eventually in the game. Or at least the second one gets to come along eventually and hopefully help take out the other one that may have spawned a bit before it. Only putting one is just another imbalance, Bungie. Unless you nerfed that thing so well that a group of players can just destroy it, my current Xbox Live party has come to the consensus that this is a dumb idea.

Seriously, thank you for nerfing its powers, but putting just one on the map all together? Please extensively play test this, see how much it dominates, and highly reconsider this decision. Thank you!

Edit: Does it have less health? If it has less health, I suppose one on the map won't matter much.

Here's the problem with one Interceptor

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:23 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

Seriously, thank you for nerfing its powers, but putting just one on the map all together? Please extensively play test this, see how much it dominates, and highly reconsider this decision. Thank you!

Edit: Does it have less health? If it has less health, I suppose one on the map won't matter much.

Two under-powered Interceptors would be cool. Players might find it less appealing to engage with each other in them and instead use it strictly for infantry support, only busting out for a tank-on-tank battle when it's absolutely necessary.

Am I the only one

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:32 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

Am I the only one who sees no problem with them?

1. Supers and heavies destroy them.
2. You can use the tunnels or otherwise stay inside.
3. Have a sniper take out the driver.
4. You have the turrets which work reasonably well.

I just don't find them to be dominating the games I play in.

Agreed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 25, 2014, 17:05 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Am I the only one

by Avateur @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 17:15 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Just about. You should see my team of six absolutely obliterate people in these things. We're usually winning with scores close to 10,000 higher than the other team's when we play on the Moon.

1. Supers and heavies destroy them.
2. You can use the tunnels or otherwise stay inside.
3. Have a sniper take out the driver.
4. You have the turrets which work reasonably well.

1. Oh, so you need to wait long enough for a Super to end the Interceptor menace. How many kills has my Interceptor obtained by the time you achieve it?

2. Okay cool. Now that my team has the lead, you stay in there. We can hold B and C with vehicles and people just fine. You won't be winning or getting supers by cowering for the entirety of the game. We have a few people without vehicles who will come smoke you out.

3. This is the best option, but I hope our other players don't take out your sniper first. We have some pretty good snipers over here, too.

4. It may take eight rockets for me to kill that turret with my Interceptor, but all I have to do is ram into the turret with my boosters (that I barely just turned on) and you'll explode in an instant (referring to B). Good luck!

I just don't find them to be dominating the games I play in.

I think if you played against my team or on it, I could change your mind.

Am I the only one

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 25, 2014, 18:38 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

I said it earlier and then deleted in a fit of self-censorship, but:

Hide indoors

If something spawning at the beginning of the match can, just by existing , lock down 50% of the map while people wait for their supers to charge, that thing is not balanced.

Am I the only one

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 18:58 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

Just about. You should see my team of six absolutely obliterate people in these things. We're usually winning with scores close to 10,000 higher than the other team's when we play on the Moon.

How effective is your team in supporting the Interceptor? That could be it right there.

Am I the only one

by Avateur @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 19:26 (3568 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

It depends. At the start it has a lot of support. Once we've taken down their Interceptor, usually our Interceptor has free reign to drive around murdering things all by itself. On a game by game basis that can change, but the support is usually via Pike(s). Full vehicular dominance is pretty easy to get on that map.

Am I the only one

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 19:37 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

It depends. At the start it has a lot of support. Once we've taken down their Interceptor, usually our Interceptor has free reign to drive around murdering things all by itself. On a game by game basis that can change, but the support is usually via Pike(s). Full vehicular dominance is pretty easy to get on that map.

Reminds me of grabbing the Scorpion on Boneyard on One Flag. I might get time in the Crucible Sunday, depending on how much K wants to play.

Am I the only one

by Avateur @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 19:39 (3568 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I just completed a game. I personally had 21 kills, 7.0 K/D. We won 20010 to 4965 on the Moon. Yep. That Interceptor and Unreal's 15+ kill streak while in it, totally not overpowered. :P

Am I the only one

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 19:42 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

I just completed a game. I personally had 21 kills, 7.0 K/D. We won 20010 to 4965 on the Moon. Yep. That Interceptor and Unreal's 15+ kill streak while in it, totally not overpowered. :P

Well it's not going +77 in a Gauss 'Hog. :P

Fun fact: Unreal going AFK in that game long ago is why it was a tie. Haha. At least he parked the enemy Gauss far away so it never respawned for them.

But back to Destiny, still thinking coordinated team play is the story there, but thinking the Interceptor let's you snowball it ever harder. 21 kills? Bet Unreal gave you plenty of space to work.

Am I the only one

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, July 25, 2014, 18:09 (3568 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I suppose I'll put this here as well: When your weakness is "dies to one-hit-kills" its not much of a weakness.

Here's at least one problem with two Interceptors

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:46 (3568 days ago) @ Avateur

One of the problems with two is that many times as the two go head to head right off the bat, the winner destroys the guardian piloting the other interceptor but not completely destroying the interceptor itself - leading to one team having both interceptors within the first minute of the match. In at least two of the matches I watched on Twitch that included Deej, this happened and his team quickly ran out to a 10,000 to 2,000 point lead.

I need a time.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 25, 2014, 16:50 (3568 days ago) @ BeingU

Moon. Two hours. Time. COME ON!!!!!!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread