Clan titles cropped in player information…? (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 09:40 (3570 days ago)

As soon as I heard you could, I created a Destiny clan based on my old Halo and Day of Defeat clan from years past, HellJumpers* (spoiler: it's still just me for the moment). The way that this is represented in the game though is a bit weird. At first my player card looked like this:

[image]

No mention of the clan at all. Later on in the beta, it showed up in the player card:

[image]

Nice! But then more recently, it now looks like this:

[image]

Anyone else with a clan set in the beta noticed this or similar, or is this a recent bug?

*Apparently the group name ‘HellJumpers’ was claimed many years ago (although still many years after the HJ clan was formed). HellJumpers Primus is as close as I could get.

Clan titles cropped in player information…?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 09:54 (3570 days ago) @ kapowaz

As soon as I heard you could, I created a Destiny clan based on my old Halo and Day of Defeat clan from years past, HellJumpers* (spoiler: it's still just me for the moment). The way that this is represented in the game though is a bit weird. At first my player card looked like this:

[image]

No mention of the clan at all. Later on in the beta, it showed up in the player card:

[image]

Nice! But then more recently, it now looks like this:

[image]

Anyone else with a clan set in the beta noticed this or similar, or is this a recent bug?

You might know this already, but there have been issues with the DestinyBungieOrg clan's tag since the start of the beta-- it gets cut off to DestinyBungieO-- but not for everyone.

by kapowaz, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 10:10 (3570 days ago) @ General Vagueness

You might know this already, but there have been issues with the DestinyBungieOrg clan's tag since the start of the beta-- it gets cut off to DestinyBungieO-- but not for everyone.

Aha. Known bug then?

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 09:57 (3570 days ago) @ kapowaz

Many of us (all of us?) in the DestinyBungieOrg clan have DestinyBungieO on our tag. Apparently there's a character limit. Hopefully they'll raise it a little in the full game.

Speaking of DestinyBungieOrg, I got a message after a crucible game thanking me and everyone else at Bungie for making such a great game. I couldn't think of why that guy thought I worked at Bungie until I remembered the clan tag. I just thanked him and said to visit us at Bungie's official webpage: destiny.bungie.org

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 10:05 (3570 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by kapowaz, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 10:12 (3570 days ago) @ bluerunner

Many of us (all of us?) in the DestinyBungieOrg clan have DestinyBungieO on our tag. Apparently there's a character limit. Hopefully they'll raise it a little in the full game.

Interesting, although even more strange that the full title of my clan was displayed at first. DestinyBungieO and HellJumpers Pr are both 14 characters long, so that doesn't seem like a coincidence that they've been cropped at that length.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread