Pick your twist (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:10 (3570 days ago)

Before I head off, pick your twist!

1. The speaker IS the real traveler.
2. The Traveler created the Hive.
3. The traveler is actually evil (or else just using humans for some purpose)
4. The Master Chief sent the traveler to Earth.
5. R+L=J

Pick your twist

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:20 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Grizzlei, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:27

6. Humanity was actually a complete dick during the Golden Age and they rightfully got what they deserved. That is why most of their history has since been lost intentionally to propagate Earth as an innocent bystander in an ancient struggle between the forces of light and dark. With their enemies now huddled all together on a handful of worlds in their solar system, humanity is now poised better than they were before to strike at the heart of their mortal enemies and exert their dominance and perceived birthright to complete dominion of the stars.

Pick your twist

by Jillybean, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:22 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Traveller is evil

Sent to weaken us for some greater force.

Pick your twist

by Claude Errera @, Monday, July 28, 2014, 09:51 (3569 days ago) @ Jillybean

Traveller is evil

Sent to weaken us for some greater force.

You are a dark person. You also believed Cortana had ulterior motives. Is nobody who they appear to be?

Pick your twist

by Jillybean, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:45 (3569 days ago) @ Claude Errera

... I have no real friends.

Pick your twist

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 12:32 (3568 days ago) @ Jillybean

... I have no real friends.

I still love you.

Pick your twist

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:24 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Before I head off, pick your twist!

2. The Traveler created the Hive.
4. The Master Chief sent the traveler to Earth.
5. R+L=J

I say #7. The Speaker is the Webmaster under the Travelers influence, The Hive are actually the curious offspring of Ling Ling, the Vex are the fans (seeing as time has no meaning as you play), and the Cabal? Activation goons.

For more information on how this is all a circle, check this post.

Yep.

Pick your twist

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 14:35 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

A mix of 1 and 3, I think in the final battle the darkness corrupted the traveler. The ghosts and the speaker are the traveler's final gasps of light. The traveler went dormant to prevent the corruption, but it's still eating away. The Vault of Glass is inside the traveler, and you must defeat the darkness before it consumes the traveler and the city.

Pick your twist

by kapowaz, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 15:19 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

5. R+L=J

I'm glad I'd already heard this theory before I googled it. That's some mean spoiler bait there, Cody.

What's that about, then, non-spoilery-like?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:20 (3570 days ago) @ kapowaz

- No text -

by car15, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:30 (3570 days ago) @ ZackDark

It's a Game of Thrones fan theory. DO NOT GOOGLE IT if you like to avoid spoilers, and especially if you don't read the books.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:31 (3570 days ago) @ ZackDark

Well then... here I go.

Someone who you thought was from someone was actually from someone else.

For more information please consult the below video:

SPOILERS for Gamma Oscar Theta *SP*

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:31 (3570 days ago) @ ZackDark

Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark are theorized to be the biological parents of Jon Snow, not her brother, Ned Stark, and whatever that fictional sex worker's name was. The keyword is theorized. Not really a spoiler, but it might be. I hope it is. Jon Snow for King!

Don't Spoil it = SPOIL IT. Welcome to the internet.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:34 (3570 days ago) @ Grizzlei

- No text -

Hey, I gave ample SPOILERS warnings, y'know!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:35 (3570 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Grizzlei, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:40

Besides, it's not really a spoiler if it isn't an established canonical fact. :P

It's ok

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 27, 2014, 16:39 (3570 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Once it was established it was about GoT and having her given ample warning, I decided to look anyway. No harm done. It's not like I have even seen/read GoT.

Pick your twist

by kapowaz, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 15:20 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

7. Time travel.

Pick your twist

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 15:27 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Darkness is just a bunch of loan sharks coming after the Speaker for his gambling debts.

Traveler falls. Third impact. Instrumentality.

by kanbo @, Seattle, WA, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 15:43 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Perfection. XD

by tadboz, Fort Collins, CO, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 22:24 (3569 days ago) @ kanbo

- No text -

Pick your twist

by car15, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 15:45 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Whoa. That had never occurred to me.

That would actually be pretty cool if he had a good justification for doing it. Alternatively, the Traveler transferred its life force into the Speaker to save itself from death.

This is what I thought initially, but Destiny is supposed to be an optimistic and hopeful game, and I don't see Bungie pulling the rug out from under us and going all grimdark at the very end.

Pick your twist

by Durandal, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 17:14 (3570 days ago) @ car15

#8. The traveller has to purge itself of the corruption of the dark energon. During this 10,000 year process the world will become uninhabitable, so a great ark needs to be built and Optimus Prime will lead us all into the void to search for a new world.

Pick your twist

by negabyte, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 17:51 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm going with R + L = J because GRRM

And everyone knows GRRM visited bungie that one time

Twist: evolutionary meddling

by BeingU, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 18:01 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by BeingU, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 18:04

Twist:

It turns out that the Traveler slowly transforms the species it befriends into bizarre aliens. The Fallen were a previously befriended race. The Awoken are the first step in our transformation. Some humans realized this and created the Exos, to capture humanity in machine form, immune from the powers of the Traveler.

You're missing the biggest conspiracy...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 18:03 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Every Guardian I've talked to in the Tower told me they were raised from the dead outside the Cosmodrome in Old Russia. What are the odds of THAT?

Once we got past the initial shock of this, we discovered further that all of our Ghosts sounded suspiciously similar, as well as the circumstances of getting off-planet.

I mean there just HAPPENED to be a flight-ready spaceship within arms reach of all of our second-birth-places?

And then the Speaker tells me I'm the only one that can save Earth and defeat the Hive? When I got to the Moon, I ran into two other Guardians who were told the exact same thing! We need to get to the bottom of this.

Destiny = Oblivion

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, July 27, 2014, 18:13 (3570 days ago) @ Leviathan

We even have Tom Cruise playing one of the Guardians

Destiny = Oblivion

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 20:19 (3570 days ago) @ ZackDark

We even have Tom Cruise playing one of the Guardians

So death equals jail?

.... Aliens.

by Jillybean, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:51 (3569 days ago) @ Leviathan

Every Guardian I've talked to in the Tower told me they were raised from the dead outside the Cosmodrome in Old Russia. What are the odds of THAT?

Once we got past the initial shock of this, we discovered further that all of our Ghosts sounded suspiciously similar, as well as the circumstances of getting off-planet.

I mean there just HAPPENED to be a flight-ready spaceship within arms reach of all of our second-birth-places?

And then the Speaker tells me I'm the only one that can save Earth and defeat the Hive? When I got to the Moon, I ran into two other Guardians who were told the exact same thing! We need to get to the bottom of this.

My mind is genuinely blown here. Now you say it, I realise the same thing happened to me, and every Guardian I met too . . .

Pick your twist

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 18:49 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Traveler isn't evil, but neither is it particularly friendly. It gave technology to humanity in order to give humanity an incentive to defend it against its enemies, who bear it a justifiable grudge. which we'll only find out at the end.

This. The Traveler is not good or evil. Just indifferent.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:41 (3569 days ago) @ narcogen

Kind of like the Awoken. There are probably things in the Traveller's self-interest (if its capable of such a thing), but they're beyond our comprehension.

Pick your twist

by yakaman, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 19:13 (3570 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The Traveller and the Darkness are brothers, two sides of the same god-coin. Everywhere the Traveller goes it spawns new and different life. This new and different life eventually rises and enters conflict against each other.

The Traveller (the light) is an agent of chaos, of entropy. The darkness is order and stability.

Or...the Traveller is an infectious agent, and the darkness is meant to contain. Complete moral ambiguity.

Do all the bad guys serve the darkness, or are some of them simply opportunistic?

The Traveller is product placement by AT&T Interstellar

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:14 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread