Super Weird Synch Glitch (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:02 (3569 days ago)

So I was playing the mission where you go and find the warmind the Fallen have been trying to hack with my dad.

This was on 360 and everything was going smoothly. At some point he stops on some stairs before the final room and I'm explaining how to switch to his heavy. He then says OK and is just standing there on the stairs looking around. I then see enemy radar movement and hear shots fired. He's calling out for me to come help and I'm super confused "Dad, you're just standing here on these stairs, what's going on".

I eventually piece together that he's invisibly separated from his character model which is looking around and shooting/meleeing when he shoots/melees. The interesting part is he's still connecting, fallen are dropping without me shooting at them. We finish the mission and he relates to me that the enemies weren't reacting to him. He could walk up to them and shoot them and they would just keep shooting at me even if I wasn't engaging them.

It was super bizarre. He then spent the rest of the play session talking about how he hoped this "feature" made it into the final game.

Super Weird Synch Glitch

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:09 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Huh.

It didn't last long enough for us to get to enemies, but there was a time I was cruising in that pass towards the Forgotten Shore with a friend of mine and he turned completely invisible to me as soon as we entered it, while his gamertag tracked his position perfectly.

Maybe it's related.

Super Weird Synch Glitch

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:18 (3569 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yeah, this sometimes happens when you zoom through the loading zone on a sparrow - you see a riderless sparrow.

I experienced this too

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:17 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Yep, my mate and I experienced this on the moon while exploring in the Hellmouth.

His character was next to me near the blocked doorway to the Summoning Pits, jumping at a wall. He was telling me to come and jump down a hole he'd found; there was nothing I could see - just his character jumping at a wall. A bit of confused discussion ensued while his character was running about banging into walls. Eventually I worked out he wasn't actually "there" when he walked back in through the loading zone and he re-materialised in front of me in one piece.

Bit of a weird bug and definitely the "biggest" one that I saw in the beta.

Cool, glad someone else saw it.

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 02:42 (3569 days ago) @ Blue_Blazer_NZ

Yep, my mate and I experienced this on the moon while exploring in the Hellmouth.

His character was next to me near the blocked doorway to the Summoning Pits, jumping at a wall. He was telling me to come and jump down a hole he'd found; there was nothing I could see - just his character jumping at a wall. A bit of confused discussion ensued while his character was running about banging into walls. Eventually I worked out he wasn't actually "there" when he walked back in through the loading zone and he re-materialised in front of me in one piece.

Bit of a weird bug and definitely the "biggest" one that I saw in the beta.

I'm confident that's the type of bug that Bungie has already seen and fixed and that there's an engineer there really bothered it's in the beta.

I got the opposite

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:33 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Was transitioning into the Mothyards when I stopped moving and it said "Loading" at the bottom of the screen. Lasted a good minute snd a half and all zi could do was look around and swap weapons.

But my fireteam said he could see me running into a wall when I tried to move

Question:

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:35 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Did everyone experience these this Sunday? Because I'm pretty sure they were experimenting throughout the whole day.

I imagine they went through a few DR scenarios as well as some enhanced load tests.

Question:

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:37 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Nah, mine was last week... Actually, it was last Sumday, before the maintenance. So there may be some merit to your theory.

Mine was

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, July 28, 2014, 09:04 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

- No text -

Super Weird Synch Glitch

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Monday, July 28, 2014, 08:21 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I had a different and much less drastic glitch; at one point when summoning my Sparrow a second one also dropped in next to it as I boarded the first, then I think it de-rezzed as I flew away. Dunno why that'd happen; I wasn't in a Party or anything like that. No biggie, but weird nonetheless.

-- Steve is once again reminded that a Beta test is indeed a test.

Super Weird Synch Glitch

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 28, 2014, 08:54 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

We had a couple of weird ones. I think it was me and Leviathan zooming on our Sparrows to the Forgotten Shores when we both got frozen in mid air with the Loading notification at the transition point... for like two minutes... before Destiny gave up and kicked us both out.

Another time during the strike a third member in our party got out of sync with one of us. I could see him where he was but Beorn saw him across the room. That lasted until we crossed a loading zone and it fixed itself.

Finally, during Crucible on Venus I once had Mr. Announcer keep yelling at me for losing all the zones... when I was standing alone in a captured zone A... Enemies were also a bit hard to hit then. Some weird lag or something going on during that game.

Super Weird Synch Glitch

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, July 28, 2014, 10:21 (3569 days ago) @ Ragashingo

We had a couple of weird ones. I think it was me and Leviathan zooming on our Sparrows to the Forgotten Shores when we both got frozen in mid air with the Loading notification at the transition point... for like two minutes... before Destiny gave up and kicked us both out.

Another time during the strike a third member in our party got out of sync with one of us. I could see him where he was but Beorn saw him across the room. That lasted until we crossed a loading zone and it fixed itself.

Ya, I was there for the first two… We were flying between Mothyards and Dry Sea. When we hit the transition bubble, you guys got stuck and I sped right through. After it eventually dropped you, both of you re-joined on me and everything was fine.

That second one was really weird. Somewhere in the middle of the Refinery battle in the Strike, SpidermanBBQ got out of sync and thought he was somewhere else entirely. Moving all three of us to the next section (with the Devil Walker) fixed it, but that was definitely the worst sync issue I saw in the Beta.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread