How Are You Going To Organize For Destiny?? (Destiny)

by DEEP_NNN, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:35 (3569 days ago)

Any thoughts or plans for how this community will deal with Destiny?

How do you plan to get together to play together?

How Are You Going To Organize For Destiny??

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:58 (3569 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Work makes it a bit hard to coordinate during the week, especially for cross time zone play.
So it'll likely be see who is online most nights, and then there'll probably be one or two nights of scheduled [not quite customs] groupings.

Could always just post if looking for people to run a specific dungeon.

I Am Where You Are

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, July 28, 2014, 06:39 (3569 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

What will you be playing on?

PS Quadruple

by Zeouterlimits, Ireland, Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:36 (3569 days ago) @ DaDerga

- No text -

Oh Well.

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:04 (3569 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits

There shall be no immediate post-launch rendezvous so, I'll be on the XBone.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, July 28, 2014, 06:49 (3569 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Im essentially just collecting PSN friends hoping that someone will be around when Im on and open to a Fireteam. None of my in-person friends are particularly big on gaming, so Ive been sticking with DBOers and people I've met in The Tower mostly.

I figure if nothing else we'll have Destiny in common - thats good enough for me.

Though if theres a group of timezone-similar folks wanting to group up for Customs (please let there be customs) then Im totally up for that.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:12 (3569 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN

Any thoughts or plans for how this community will deal with Destiny?

How do you plan to get together to play together?

I was kind of thinking of changing the Community Game Nights (that I haven't had time to do recently...) to Strike Nights, where we organize groups of 3 to play Strikes, this maybe what Kermit already had in mind though, so we'll see when it gets closer.

That sounds fun

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:17 (3569 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:57 (3569 days ago) @ Xenos

I've always thought of what Community Game Night on DBO as matchmaking, and I've always thought of Co-op Night as campaign missions although we did intersperse our ODST "season" with Firefight maps (going for the achievements). I'm uncertain. A Strike is a good length for a game night, but one "story" chunk may be too short. We might have to get creative. :)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, July 28, 2014, 17:57 (3568 days ago) @ Kermit

I've always thought of what Community Game Night on DBO as matchmaking, and I've always thought of Co-op Night as campaign missions although we did intersperse our ODST "season" with Firefight maps (going for the achievements). I'm uncertain. A Strike is a good length for a game night, but one "story" chunk may be too short. We might have to get creative. :)

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Maybe have Crucible Nights and Strike Nights? And maybe some later story missions will be longer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 28, 2014, 18:03 (3568 days ago) @ Xenos

I've always thought of Community Game Night on DBO as matchmaking, and I've always thought of Co-op Night as campaign missions although we did intersperse our ODST "season" with Firefight maps (going for the achievements). I'm uncertain. A Strike is a good length for a game night, but one "story" chunk may be too short. We might have to get creative. :)

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Maybe have Crucible Nights and Strike Nights? And maybe some later story missions will be longer.

My experience thus far in Destiny has got me excited regardless!

HellJumpers Primus

by kapowaz, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:17 (3569 days ago) @ DEEP_NNN
edited by kapowaz, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:23

I'll be recruiting fellow ‘Jumpers along with (hopefully) some of the old gang that used to play Halo PC together.

Edit: I should say, that we're all UK/EU based, so if you're in that region (I know a lot of people here are in the US) and looking to find some folks geographically close(ish), then look us up.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread