Twilight Gap multiplayer map reveal is up at IGN (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:25 (3569 days ago)

Here.

Twilight Gap multiplayer map reveal is up at IGN

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:44 (3569 days ago) @ petetheduck

Huh. It was the Cabal that we first encountered at the Twilight Gap, right? That's pretty darn close to The City!

by TTL Demag0gue ⌂ @, Within the shadow of the Traveler, Monday, July 28, 2014, 12:16 (3569 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Huh. It was the Cabal that we first encountered at the Twilight Gap, right? That's pretty darn close to The City!

It was. It's a lot closer to the City than I expected.

What's that about the Cabal?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:27 (3569 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

- No text -

What's that about the Cabal?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:35 (3569 days ago) @ ZackDark

On Bungie.net a while back under one of the sections it talked about us encountering The Cabal for he first time at the Twilight Gap and now knowing that they have a major presence on Mars. I'd always assumed that the Twilight Gap was some beautiful canyon or maybe even someplace in Mars. Instead it's the ridge just beyond The City! And the outpost(s) there are currently, actively shooting down enemy vessels!

We're not nearly as safe as I imagined!

by HavokBlue, California, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:19 (3569 days ago) @ petetheduck

During the first Iron Banner stream, they went out onto the balcony by Lord Saladin to look at the mountain range, and whoever was streaming (I forget) goes "Look at that... mysterious gap. I wonder what happened there." in reference to the significantly sized gap in the mountain range.

My immediate thought was "Twilight Gap". Looks like that might be correct?

by car15, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:52 (3569 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Yes, I believe you were.

I wonder if the 12-14GB was almost ALL the content?

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 02:51 (3568 days ago) @ petetheduck

This has the beta build watermark but obviously wasn't accessibly by anyone with the beta. I'm guessing that everything was just locked off in some way and that most of the game was in there (as in whatever content they had at whatever point in time they locked down the build for the beta).

I wonder if the 12-14GB was almost ALL the content?

by kapowaz, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 03:51 (3568 days ago) @ kidtsunami

This has the beta build watermark but obviously wasn't accessibly by anyone with the beta. I'm guessing that everything was just locked off in some way and that most of the game was in there (as in whatever content they had at whatever point in time they locked down the build for the beta).

It seems more likely to me that it was included as part of the beta build simply to streamline distribution — one client download gives access to the beta proper, plus for certain flagged PSN/XBL accounts corresponding to journalists the extra multiplayer map is also made available. If the 12-14GB of content was almost all content for the whole game then that means people would be downloading a *lot* of pointless content (other than multiplayer maps, we'd have no need for content from Venus or Mars).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread