22 story missions? (Destiny)

by GrimBrother One, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:34 (3563 days ago)

22 story missions?

by petetheduck, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:39 (3563 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Important to follow the source on this one, the numbers are fluctuating. Now we're at 32 story missions.

22 story missions?

by Velociraptor112, Places., Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:14 (3563 days ago) @ petetheduck

32 wouldn't be a bad number, but more would be even better. 50 would be sweet......or maybe a little more.......

1000 sounds good

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:41 (3563 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

Yeah...

what?

22 story missions?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:39 (3563 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

That info came from what they were able to pull down from Destiny's servers somehow using the Companion app. Maybe the story is true, but you also have to believe that Bungie had every mission and map listed in their database for the beta. Personally I think it's a good glimpse but probably not completely complete.

22 story missions?

by Blue_Blazer_NZ, Wellington, New Zealand, Monday, July 28, 2014, 13:43 (3563 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

"22" is just a number. Sure, we have seen a few of these low-level story missions in the beta; who knows how big and complex the later ones are.

It seems the big thing of the moment on reddit and Gaf is how much content is this game shipping with? A bunch of fluctuating, unofficial numbers is not going to help us much and, to be honest, feels like it really cheapens the experience that Bungie is trying to bring here.

Besides, there will always be the "Moar contentz or pre-order canceled!" crew.

22 story missions?

by dCon V @, Thomasville, GA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:22 (3563 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Don't know how many Borderlands 2 fans are here but it only had 19 main story missions and it felt like I got my moneys worth. 22 missions to start Destiny sounds good to me

22 story missions?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, July 28, 2014, 14:26 (3563 days ago) @ dCon V

True, although I felt like the BL2 missions took longer. But as others have pointed out, 22 probably isn't the actual number (it's probably higher).

Hopefully we get something official before launch

by Decom @, Monday, July 28, 2014, 15:30 (3563 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I really, really hope they give us official details before the game launches. Specifically, what will be available at launch AND (roughly) what will be in the expansion packs. I hate buying things before I know what I'm getting (I didn't/won't pre-order without more concrete information).

Hopefully we get something official before launch

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 28, 2014, 15:47 (3563 days ago) @ Decom

I'm the opposite. As a matter of fact, I read this as a sign that maybe I should go dark.

I don't want to have any idea of the length of the campaign. I'd rather this thread had been named "Length of the campaign -- possible *SP*".

Length of the Campaign - possible *SP*

by rliebherr @, St. Louis, Missouri, Monday, July 28, 2014, 15:53 (3563 days ago) @ Kermit

Almost impossible to not run into this story if your searching for Destiny info today. 32, 22, duplicates, pre-order cancel shaming, etc. All over the internets.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread