Beta thoughts and Final Game wishlist (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, July 28, 2014, 16:53 (3563 days ago)

I'll try to keep it short and sweet. Cause I'm that kind of guy.

Beta Reactions:

Story - 3/5: I have a feeling the slow start is just the intro getting us caught up to speed and that the rest of the story missions will be much better.

Explore - 4/5: Dispite not being as "vast" or as populated with other Guardians, I still had a lot of fun sitting back and helping other Guardians on their adventures.
Public Events - 3/5: Pretty decent events but I never once had more than two others with me. I expect this to happen sometimes, but taking on a Spider Tank with just two of us sucks.
Mini-Missions - 3/5: About what I expected, could use some more or some that are more ambiguous and have a greater variety of time commitment.

Strike - 2/5: I only played it once and with randoms so I'm sure I didn't get the full experience. Still, damage sponge bosses haven't ever grabbed my attention. I didn't feel like I was enhancing my skills when fighting a Fallen Spider Tank or the Final Boss; just shooting something over and over again.

The Tower - 4/5: Good looking and a fun place to hang out! I wish your Ghost could be your cryptarch and decode things for you on the fly.

The Crucible - 3/5: I really hated it the first two days of it in the beta. I was dying a lot and not having much fun. I changed my play style after reading a thread here and had much more fun and did much better! I have high hopes for the full game.

Final Game Wishlist:

A social preferences menu: Let me set if I want to be matched with friends or randoms in the tower or explore. Let matchmaking do its thing and cross reference with my friends and then match me with them or randoms based on preferences.

Allow me to decrypt engrams on the fly: I don't mind coming back to the tower for certain things (even buying weapons from the cryptarch) but it just seems like an unnecessary step to get awesome weapons.

A screenshot mode: Let me get rid of all the HUD elements to take awesome pictures or record video. (was there a way to get the "Go to orbit" hint in the tower to go away? So annoying!)

I'm sure I have more that I'm not thinking of, oh well! Can't wait for 9/9

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread