Did anyone bother with the factions? (Destiny)

by scarab @, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:45 (3562 days ago)

I heard their leaders talk as I walked past and was never interested enough to stop and listen.

Did anyone bother with the factions?

by kapowaz, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 14:55 (3562 days ago) @ scarab

They (along with virtually everyone in The Tower that spoke) didn't say anything that drew my attention. I looked at the goods they had, realised it was all for higher level than the beta, and pretty much left it at that.

One thing I did notice was that they each appear to have the same set of armour available to buy with reputation currency, but each with a subtly different colour scheme (shader?).

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:03 (3562 days ago) @ scarab

I heard their leaders talk as I walked past and was never interested enough to stop and listen.

The passing dialogue I hear from New Monarchy interests me enough to give them a chance when and if they become integral to the story and gameplay. Plus their Hunter cloaks are dead sexy.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:09 (3562 days ago) @ Grizzlei

New Monarchy and Dead Orbit caught my attention. NM seems to want to rebuild a just society and Dead Orbit appears to want to restore interplanetary traffic to spur humanity's recovery, both of which appeal to me though DO's leader sounds a bit... overenthusiastic... at times.

Future War Cult seems to be too focused on militarism for my tastes, and I'm alas blanking on the others.

-- Steve did draw a lot of attention from the Cryptarchs and Vanguard thanks to all those Explore missions.

PS: A good way to learn the factions is in Explore; often the mini-missions are given by the faction leaders.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:11 (3562 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

DO's vendor sounds an awful lot like Peter Stormare.

Sold.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:25 (3562 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

I like FWC just because their name sounds cool. :) DO's leader occasionally said some things I found interesting, will have to see about them. I really didn't listen to NM at all, come to think of it.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:29 (3562 days ago) @ stabbim

I like FWC just because their name sounds cool. :) DO's leader occasionally said some things I found interesting, will have to see about them. I really didn't listen to NM at all, come to think of it.

Future War Cult sounds like they've yet to actually establish the cult itself and are just sitting on it, procrastinating. But yeah, their Tower representative has some cool dialogue. I love her voice talent too. Shohreh Aghdashloo has such a fantastic voice.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:37 (3562 days ago) @ Grizzlei

Future War Cult sounds like they've yet to actually establish the cult itself

Rofl...

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:44 (3562 days ago) @ stabbim

I really dig the FWC color scheme and their armor is pretty snazzy looking as well.

Plus, it just sounds like a fun group to hang out with!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 15:32 (3562 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

New Monarchy and Dead Orbit caught my attention. NM seems to want to rebuild a just society and Dead Orbit appears to want to restore interplanetary traffic to spur humanity's recovery, both of which appeal to me though DO's leader sounds a bit... overenthusiastic... at times.

I believe Dead Orbit is more interested in completely abandoning Earth and any notion of reclaiming the solar system than reintegrating the eight planets with interplanetary traffic.

Vanguard stuff

by scarab @, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:05 (3562 days ago) @ scarab

Is that there for people who don't feel inclined to commit to a faction should none of their philosophies attract?

How would you summarise the faction philosophies?

Are Dead Orbit - nihilistic Goths/Emos? Adams family members?

Vanguard stuff

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:36 (3562 days ago) @ scarab

Dead Orbit/Awoken = Conjoiners.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 19:30 (3561 days ago) @ scarab

I chummed up with the Cryptarch, and you can occasionally get messages from them in Explore mode, so if that counts. I'm not the biggest fan of any of the Factions-factions, though, from what was seen in the Beta.

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 19:49 (3561 days ago) @ scarab

I browsed their wares a couple of times. It served as a nice tease, though we still don't really know much about them...

I really like the colour scheme of FWC, and their shotgun and scout rifle stood out to me. I'm looking forward to acquiring those!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread