If this is Radiance, then OMG. (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 14:38 (3575 days ago)

Maybe I am late on this, but I was rewatching some more recent Destiny footage for the fun of it. This full video shows a lot of Arc Blade and Radiance a bit...

However, at the 0:40 mark in this video, we see a Warlock leap into the air to Nova Bomb, but if you look to the lower left there appears to be another Warlock WITH GIANT FLAMING WINGS. How did I miss this? I haven't heard anything about this...

Watch Here

I think this is Radiance in action, note at about 2:37 as Radiance is used (to revive himself as well), it appears as though flaming wings are starting to form.

If so. OMG.

If everyone already knew this - sorry.

If this is Radiance, then OMG.

by petetheduck, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 14:55 (3575 days ago) @ Doooskey

Nice, thanks for posting! I had missed those.

Voidwalker subclass was sufficient for me to join the ranks of the Warlocks. Sunsinger is just the icing on the cake.

Looking forward to leaping into the air and holding in place with my giant solar wings while I rain fire upon my enemies.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 15:42 (3575 days ago) @ Doooskey

Maybe I am late on this, but I was rewatching some more recent Destiny footage for the fun of it. This full video shows a lot of Arc Blade and Radiance a bit...

However, at the 0:40 mark in this video, we see a Warlock leap into the air to Nova Bomb, but if you look to the lower left there appears to be another Warlock WITH GIANT FLAMING WINGS. How did I miss this? I haven't heard anything about this...

Watch Here

I think this is Radiance in action, note at about 2:37 as Radiance is used (to revive himself as well), it appears as though flaming wings are starting to form.

If so. OMG.

If everyone already knew this - sorry.

Uhhh... Or you can see it full frame 3:05 in.

Now shut up so I can Judge you! /s

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 16:20 (3575 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Now that I've actually seen what he was talking about...

Lady Phoenix was already set on rolling a Warlock, but knowing she can have wings of fire sealed the deal. Although, considering how many hours she spent with her Siren in Borderlands setting everything in her path on fire, be it with an elemental SMG or the Phoenix ability, this really was something of a foregone conclusion. "Wings of Fire" are basically a guarantee that she'll pick one thing over another.

But hey, at least this time I won't be shouting at her for stealing my Second Wind because she ran past my dying body and set everyone on fire.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 16:56 (3575 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Now that I've actually seen what he was talking about...

Lady Phoenix was already set on rolling a Warlock, but knowing she can have wings of fire sealed the deal. Although, considering how many hours she spent with her Siren in Borderlands setting everything in her path on fire, be it with an elemental SMG or the Phoenix ability, this really was something of a foregone conclusion. "Wings of Fire" are basically a guarantee that she'll pick one thing over another.

But hey, at least this time I won't be shouting at her for stealing my Second Wind because she ran past my dying body and set everyone on fire.

[image]

by Phoenix_9286 @, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 17:45 (3575 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

I sometimes think this is more apt than even I know.

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Saturday, August 02, 2014, 18:37 (3575 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Haha, I like this video, but it is still more subtle and quick, I still have a hard time seeing it. In the video where the Warlock is tiny and in the lower left, the flames and the wings are far more clear and defined. It might even be a rendering thing at the longer distance because in the clip you linked, along with the end of the video I linked show the flames around the Warlock to be more translucent when viewed up close.

by Claude Errera @, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 10:56 (3574 days ago) @ Doooskey

Haha, I like this video, but it is still more subtle and quick, I still have a hard time seeing it. In the video where the Warlock is tiny and in the lower left, the flames and the wings are far more clear and defined. It might even be a rendering thing at the longer distance because in the clip you linked, along with the end of the video I linked show the flames around the Warlock to be more translucent when viewed up close.

Here's a frame from the Beta vid:

[image]

Those Wizards...

by DaDerga, Baile Átha Cliath, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 11:40 (3574 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Flame on the Moon!

by gardeneel, Sacramento, California, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 17:31 (3574 days ago) @ Doooskey

I was set on warlock from day one. I played warlock almost exclusively in both alpha and beta (I got a hunter to level 3 in beta, then switched back to warlock). Why wouldn't I want to be a space wizard with a wealth of arcane secrets who shoots a purple void laser?

I like you already, newcomer

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, August 03, 2014, 18:06 (3574 days ago) @ gardeneel

- No text -

space magic

by gardeneel, Sacramento, California, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 18:50 (3574 days ago) @ ZackDark

I'll almost always choose a wizard over something that isn't a wizard.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread